Today is officially FHL draft week. Work be damned, my priority this week is preparing for the draft.
As the Commissioner and General Manager of Team Pinchy (see Pinchy above) the prep work is time consuming and worth every second.
The teams GMs consist of myself, Badger, the tandem of my older brother and nephew. .. Team Sean, (You posted my Picture, Wyatt ?!!?!?) Fish, Wyatt, Grimjack, Antonelli, BroccolliRob, Lock, Ant (The Canadian Authorities) and the West Coast team, OtherKev. . . .formerly known as Boop.
Due to pressure from the American Disabilities Commission, we were forced to invite the Gimp to join, but due to a lack of priorities, my friend Bill declined. Something about a wedding in Maine. . . .AND NOT EVEN HIS!!
So, Saturday approacheth!! This years draft will be at Vinnie's house. Although the food that Mrs. Deathlok usually prepares will be sorely missed, the presence of the beermeister of Guinness will be a welcome addition.
The Good News!!
1. Keith Tkachuk has reported to camp in great shape.
2. The players have juggled around, which should make for an interesting season.
3. Owen Nolan is playing this year after sitting out the entire last season.
4. I will have to place higher than I did last year.
The Bad News!!
1. With Keith Primeau's retirement. The only Hartford Whaler for BroccolliRob to draft is Brendan Shanahan.
2. Wyatt and Vinnie will again fight over Rangers players . . . .they're not so good!
3. Grimjack is number crunching to figure out exactly how much he owes from last year.
4. Nobody can safely criticize the first draft pick after the surprising turn around from last year. Kiprusoff turned out to be a solid pick.
Things to do this week before the draft:
1. Pack a lunch for the draft. Vinnie's house is devoid of food (other than Campbell's Chicken Noodle)
2. Order TEAM SEAN plaque for the trophy.
3. Calculate who owes what.
4. Prepare sheet for drafttime sidebets. (NOTE: Bring big paper)
5. Rank picks
6. Coordinate remote drafting
7. Get directions to Vinnie's
8. Bring speaker phone to Vinnie's
9. Sober up from Friday and prepare for Guinness.
10. Iron CLIFF RONNING shirt.
11. Tell TEAM LOCK to bring the trophy. . . .I think I just did that!
12. Bring Battlestar Gallactica comics for Wyatt.
Finally, Draft night is the official start to the hockey season for me. LET'S DROP THE PUCK!!!