Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Best Medicine. . . . . .

I'm still walking around using the brain matter that still works. The only symptom that I had from the whole ordeal was that I didn't see Batman yet. Well, I took care of that last night. Wyatt couldn't beat the brain damaged guy to the theater. WOW!

Anyway, the movie was incredible. 2 hours 36 minutes incredible. Sure, Ledger was amazing. However, the unsung hero award for this movie is Gary Oldman. He plays a GREAT Gordon. I don't want to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it. I had two little issues with it (and I mean little).

1. Christian Bale (whom I love) makes his voice so deep for Batman that it seems strained and sometimes not understandable.

2. The other thing has to do with the Harvey issue, which floored me, but didn't like the resolution (how is THAT for not giving things away)

3. Save time! There is nothing after the credits. However, it you stay until after the credits to the second clip below (and you stayed until after the credits on Iron Man) you will laugh you self silly. . . .
. . . . .of course, I have brain damage.

That for all the well wishes. They meant and still mean a lot.


12 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

1. Agreed. There were times I had a really hard time understanding what Bale was saying.

2. I'm not convinced that what they did with Harvey is finished business.

3. That was Gary Oldman? I had no idea! WOW!

The clips you provided were great, too!

Keep getting well, buddy. :)

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Oldman was terrific in the first one, and I love him in everything. (Although he was at his best in The Professional.)

And yeah, I knew you'd see it before me. I want to see it Friday night, but not sure if the post-surgery area will let me sit through a 2 1/2 hour film.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

WOW! We both had medical issues in the area where we think. . . . .Zzzziiiiingggg!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger momster said...

I am glad you are doing better . Thanks for sharing those clips my son and I laughed during the whole time.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

And I'm planning on seeing The Dark knight on Friday night with Fish and Bill. Don't need you spoiling anything for me on Saturday.

Oh, and speaking of Saturday, can't drink and I can't swim thanks to the "V." Better have food!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Big Bad Wolf said...

I spent a good hour watching all of the Marvel/Dc clips on YouTube and laughing my ass off. Thanks 'lock. At least we know the damage wasn't to the humor section of the grey matter.

You might wanna be careful of using sharp utensils while eating tho...just in case the spatial relations area took any flak. Make Wyatt cut your steak for ya.

I also disagree with Wyatt. I thought Oldman's best were Immortal Beloved (he played Beethoven) and The Fifth Element. No, really. The charcter was such a different role for him and he played it perfectly.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

1. Like I would let Wyatt near my food. . .

2. Oldman is great, but it was the 5th Element. A giant ball of evil called him on the phone. . . .what?? No telepathy?? How evil could it be?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Big Bad Wolf said...

But what if the giant ball of evil in space...called collect?!

Mwuhahaha!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Gary Oldman is playing Gordon!!! Man, I'm feeling incredibly old right now!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Zippy - He still looks rather young, though. And he was terrific.

And as The Joker says, "(S)Laughter is the best medicine!"

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Token Asian said...

The Dark Knight is the first movie I've wanted to see again in quite a while. Unfortunately, I think it's left the theatres here in Japan, and I can't buy it on DVD unless I order it through Amazon (because Japan's on a different region).

Is there another one coming? When?! When?!

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous 123cargames.net said...

Also you can entertain by playing
nitro racing games
drifting car games

 

Post a Comment

<< Home