Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Catching Up With Death. . .

Well, yesterday was the big day. The promotion was announced and "I'm Out!". . . .Ah! but a twist! The reason I wasn't selected was because I wasn't qualified. . . .or so the zombies in HR reported. I then reported down there to show them the err of their ways. Now they are on the phone to Washington with a "We'll get back to you." . . . .ring ring . . . . "Hello, Washington? We screwed up! How do we fix this or cover it up?" Now I have to wait for Friday before I get an answer. Then the grievance. . .followed by the promotion. Even better, if I file a complaint and win and get promoted, I don't have to appear grateful. Promoted and Disgruntled? Does it get any better? The down side is that they could wiggle out it. . . . which would get this horrific contract off my desk. . . . .also a win. To quote Dale Bosio. . ."Time, be my friend."

In other news, the FHL draft went off without a hitch on Saturday night. As did a day of golf. Golfing Saturday was an example of comparison and viewpoint. As we finished up, my Dad was adding up the scores. "You got a. . . .114." "Are you sure it's only a 114?" "Only a 114!!??" See, I usually golf around 130. I was one putting all day. . . .it just took me 7 to get on the green.

You know about the draft night. . . .Well Done There! (sorry, another Izzard moment!)

I labor intensely Sunday to cover the pool. Ha Ha! Got that bastard out of the way. WAIT! Monday rolls around and my mother-In-Law asks when I can get down to the shore and cover the pool. . . . . . . . .DAMN!

That's it! Screwed at work and waiting for the puck to drop on Wednesday.

Tomorrow starts (because I missed the first week last week) another fine year of CCD teaching. "Teaching God To A Bunch Of Demonic Bastards. . . . . .since 1874". . . . .okay for several years.

THE PLAN: Next week, my boss will have to have a meeting to "announce" the selection of our new employee. I plan to go to the meeting with a small jar of Vaseline in front of me. . . . .I was going to use KY, but if she make an issue of it I can say my lips are chap if I have the vas. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need an interpreter! But I sure hope the promo comes through for you!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

Do you still have the kids in CCD give money for the pagen babies?

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

PAgan Baby Collections. . . FHL money. . . .It's all just a way to suppliment my income.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

And Grim will contribute mightily!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

How much coffee did you inhale before you wrote that post? Hope you get the promo. A disgruntled promotee...that's sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home