Friday, September 08, 2006

Misery Loves Company - - Hence Blogs!!

It's one of my old chestnuts. . .. no not THOSE chestnuts. . . But I've been busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. So. . . . . .why so salty, dog?? 1. Work has been REALLY kicking my ass! I've been at work everytime I'm awake. . . .and then some. The fiscal year ends on the 14th and I know that I will still be here on the 15th and beyond. Overtime is wonderful. . sure. . .but since I only get straight time. . . .as opposed to Brokeback Mountain time. . . .It begins to wear thin after the first two months. Besides, the main reason that I'm putting in all this time is that I got THE PROBLEM contract to fix. As of yesterday, my customer (Government) absolutely hates me and the contractor . . . .absolutely hates me. I must be on the right track. My goal is to not have this go to court, but it would almost be worth it to see these morons go up (or down) in flames. I need a break.

2. This is the time of year that my wife and kids give me the big mopey face when I say "I'm covering the pool this weekend." AAAaaaaaaawwwwww!! "are you going swimming?" "It's too cold!" This leads to me putting it off a few weeks until the water and air get really cold. Then I have to get in the water to cover it and have to convince myself not to just pull the cover on top of myself and let the chemicals slowly desolve me over the winter. . . . At least I wouldn't have to shovel snow this winter.

3. What's the musty smell?? Yep! I'm getting water or something in my basement. I found some moldy wet ceiling tiles in the hockey figure room. When I removed them it looks like the air vent that they put in the extension on my house leaked water from the crawl space, along the pipe and dripped somewhere (everywhere?). To quote JT, "Well, Shit!"

4. Between typing at work and here, trying to work the pool and playing the piano, my wrist is killing me. Carpal Tunnel. I ordered an ergonomic keyboard at work . .still no sign.

Fortunately, last night was D&D night and I killed the shit out of everything that moved.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

You've got more leaks than the White House.

Could be worse. A rotten paperboy could be following you everywhere demanding "TWO DOLLARS!"

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know if you feel like you're about to go "postal"! We all have problems--they seem to never end! I hope your job lightens up on you--tell them you have things to take care of at home! Or hire a handyman to do it. Put that overtime to use! What? Don't wanta? Well, mister...you're impossible! ;)

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just to make you feel better--we had an EARTHQUAKE this morning! Lasted about a minute and I wasn't positive that was what it was until my sister in FL called a couple of hrs later and said they had one from the gulf. Now, we're pretty well rehearsed on tornadoes and hurricanes, but earthquakes are sorta new! Really, I think if we're going to start having quakes more often, someone else should get the tornadoes! Seems only fair!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Dlok,
CAn I borrow your post for my blog? I'm too busy to even write my own posts! Between work and school I'm really buried--not to mention I took time off from both to spend with 80sgirl but that was defintely worth it. I'm hoping to blog you on that before the week's out!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh How I long to play some D&D and work out some frustration! What character do you have?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I can "hold on to" those hockey figures for you until the basement is dried out. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home