Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Levy Brakes!

First, is that how you spell levy? Let's see, "Drove my Chevy to the. . . . " It'll do!

Just got back in from Dulles (which isn't much different from Dullsville) and now the rest of the story unfolds.

Before I left yesterday, I checked the garden, looked over the house and checked out. . . . .THE POOL! The water was again about an inch low. This can't be!! Not with the season ending. My pool will slowly drain over the winter and I will be Fu* * *. . . .Functionally impaired, pool wise.

So I went to the pool store . . .the door actually makes that sound when you walk in. . . .BE WARNED!! I told them that I patch my leak and I'm still losing water. Can you sell me something. "HAH! Did you think it was going to be easy", NO NO NO!! We sell stuff but it's worthless. You need to call American Leak Detection. Fine! How much is a new liner. A new line is $235. Great! Oh, it's $585 to have it installed. I'M OUT!!

Hello? Is this American Leak Detection? How much? $275 guaranteed patch up to three leaks.
Come on down.

Now the wait begins. . . . . . . .

9 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have something to take for a headache? Good luck with the leak detecting!

Dlok, Dlok, quite contary--how does your garden grow? I tried growing tomatoes some time ago but the squirrels and birds got to eat more of them than I did! They're better than the ones from the store, tho'. You know, the ones you could bounce like a basketball! What are you growing?

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be afraid, be very afraid.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Everytime I hear the word levee I think of Led Zeppelin.

Hope your leakage stops.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Chicken wire! It's not just for chickens anymore.

I have tomatos coming out the wazoo. I had a fair amount or carrots, the beets didn't do so well this year, surpisingly neither did the zucchini. Hot and green pepper did fair. I am most proud of the eggplant. they did (and are doing) fantastic. and quite tasty.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Have you tried using a tampon? I hear those help leaks. Heh.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

Only if you stick them up your nose, Wyatt. Gross!!!!

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love tomatoes! Beets are not on my menu--what do you do with them? My mother force-fed me eggplant when I was small, so I hated it but now I'm tempted to try it. My job was shelling peas and beans and snapping the green beans. We always had fresh veggies. And sometimes fresh chicken, which was yucky 'cause after it was killed, it had to be plucked, etc. Buying it in a pkg is SO much easier! I would never be able to kill one, but I watched my grandmother and mother do it many times! It would scare me but you had to watch! No watermelons?

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Watermelons are nasty. I did plant pumpkins last year. They destroyed everything in their path.

Love tomatoes? Stop by! We have a three tomato minimum for people that visit.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkins are nasty! Only good for halloween!

Would take you up on the tomatoes, but I think the drive might take more than a tank of gas! heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home