Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Update! Finally. . .I'm Blogging Again!

Although I still will be light in the blog (better than the loafers) for a bit, I do have time tonight for a partial update.

WORK
Work has turned into a complete shit storm. Despite the perception of "the Government Employee" I have a very busy job. We, of course, have no money to hire anyone so if someone leave they just divide the work (and not always evenly).

I had a fair workload a few years ago. it kept me busy and I was able to spend an adequate time running our FHL hockey league, blogging and listening to radiohidebound.com (plug). Then A women (who is a higher grade than me) retired. I got most of her work. The contracts are very high level and they are for a separate organization (think of me next time your getting patted down at the airport). The plus was that I got a little travel out of it. I was now busy and had more eyes on me.

About six months ago, the jerkoff who put the "High Maintenance" in the title of this blog left. He got promoted and left. That's right, a good chunk of his work fell to me. See, I found out that I have the distinction of having customers request me to work on their contracts because "I get things done". Unfortunately, this doesn't translate to a promotion that is three years behind schedule. Still, when people are taking you to Alaska, you endure.

Last week. . . . . . .

There is a VERY high level contract in our area. It happens to be the most difficult contract on the floor and VERY high dollar. My friend Mario has it. It basically runs everything. From electrical to construction to carpets to paving to fire department or anything else you can think of. Well, Mario is very easy going. He's like the Mayor of the place. All of a sudden, he's very unhappy. . . . . He can't talk about it. As it turns out, this thing is completely screwed up. Everyone involved gets castrated and hung. I get called in and I'm told, "You have this contract now." "Okay, what work am I loosing?" Anyone??????? Correct!! Nothing! I now have 203 Million dollars of work on my desk and a contract that is not only on the mind of management's management's management. It also has the attention of Congress. Nice! Why me!?! Because they know that I'm friends with Mario and they want me to fix this and bury him (not even 30 pieces of silver . . .Judas had a good deal in comparison!) Now, my other work isn't getting done and the customers that I have supported are getting the shaft.

PLUS. . . .It's been made clear that my promotion hangs in the balance. Promotion ~ Stab Friend . . . . . .

My plan B is to work this thing really hard and have a nervous breakdown, sue the Government and collect my promoted salary from home.

So what is everyone else up to?

5 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Glad to have you back.

So, the midget screwed you from beyond the (job) grave? Nice.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, look at the bright side--at least you're not in jail for having an expired license! ;)

Sounds like your plate is over-running! Maybe this is your test to see how much you can take before you go screaming thru the streets! Sometimes when there's alot of stress, little things become big ones, so hang in there. I hope you get some good news soon!

If you had an email listed, I could tell you a funny story about a mouse, 2 cats and several sleepless nights, but I don't want to entertain everyone! And if I don't renew my license tomorrow, there could be more hilarity!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

uuhhh, I still haven't had timie to get that license thing done. I've been working overtime.

Of course, with the Government laws to screw it's own workforce, there is a cap on overtime, so I make time and a dime instead of time and 1/2.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're all hanging in! You need a clone--like the movie with Michael Keaton where he ends up with about 3 of them. Remember, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger! ;) (Could make you wish for death, tho'! Kidding!)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, are you still with us? I re-newed my expired license today...ta da! They opened a new office close by and when I went in there were about 3 people inside! AND, I was the only person getting a drivers license renewed! I was in and out in less than 10 minutes!!!!!!! I felt like tap-dancing out the door!
Wish we could do something to help you out--I sense exhaustion! Hang in there! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home