Saturday, July 01, 2006

AZ to DMV

Well, I'm back!! the conference was a success. And by that, I mean that I didn't have to speak, I had enough downtime to site see and got to visit the local Brew Pub.

The Flight to Phoenix was okay. if you discount that once we boarded, we had to sit on the tarmac for over an hour before being cleared. "This is your Captain. We're still waiting for the go ahead. I've been given a list of the next 10 aircraft and. . uh. . . we're not even on it." Why bother even coming on with that tripe. Otherwise the flight was uneventful. I have thought of a new concept which I started this trip. It a twist on the old "covered dish" dinners. Whenever you fly, bring something that you can share with the people in your row. They should do like wise. "What?!?! You brought potato salad too!" I brought some Stello Doro breakfast cakes and individual peanuts. I shared and the guy next to me got extra forks to share his fruit tray that he bought on the plane. I was all very heterosexual and everything. As we landed that Captain said "Welcome to Phoenix, where the temperature is 105 degrees. Dammit. I boarded my rent-a-Hydaui and head to cooler temperatures towards Prescott.

The Conference tours were great. We got to see an 8 acre area that had airplane crashes that were reconstructed for a Aviation school's class to try and determine the cause of the crash. It was incredible. They also showed me some of the fight simulator's that I pay damn good money for and thus they put me in the pilot seat and had me flight around the airport and land on the runway. I survived, but I was sweating like a pig when I got out of there. It was like the real thing.

Tuesday, was a closed door meeting that I was barred from so I sulked into my car and went to the Grand Canyon.

Picture do not do it justice. I wish that I had the time to go into the Canyon, but would need about a week to really make it worth your while.


At night, we twice went to the Prescott Brewing Company. I had several samplers without a bad choice before deciding on the Porter. Yummy!!! Washing down the Buffalo Burger just about right.

Thursday night was the first night of the World's Oldest Rodeo. . . . . Sure! Why not! It was okay. I was sitting with this guy Ryan, from the Conference. I thought that we may die. As boredom set in with the calf tying event, we decided that we were gonna route for the calf. That little calf came out and we started yelling "Go GO RUN! Bob! Weave! Twice the calf got away and we started cheering. This went over less than well. . . .Mmmmmm Medium Well Calf!

I did learn the differnce between Western Dress and Western Casual. It's all in the shirt. If you have the ironed BLUE denims, cowboy boots, your trusty hat and a buttondown collared shirt, you are dressed to go-a-courtin'! If you have ironed BLUE denims, cowboy boots, your trusty hat and a tee shirt on. . .casual as ya please! Pickin' and A-Grinnin'!

More To Follow. . . . . . .

6 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"seating like a pig"???? Did you mean squealing? Otherwise, how does a pig seat??
I'd like to see the Grand Canyon, too. But I don't know if I could do the mule thing! I'd probably get the one who tripped over his feet!
The sharing while on the plane not going anywhere is a good idea! We were stuck one time because the employees were going on strike and they wouldn't remove the walkway. Very hot and I was the only one with crackers and pb, so I had to share! Plan ahead, people!
Glad you had a good trip.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Actually, I was "Sweating", Squeeling like a pig is reserved for my vacation in the Bayou.

"Boy, You Got A Purdy Mouth!"

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was trying to maintain pure thoughts! ha

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Welcome back! I always like to send a scout before I take a vacation. Nice to know AZ is relatively safe.

BTW, were there any snakes on the plane?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

No, put the girl on the return flight could have been snaked on the plane. . .Yow!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Well played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home