Saturday, June 17, 2006

LAME BARBER!


Calling all Wyatts!!

I just got a phone call that I don't even know where to begin with.

I have had the same guy cutting my lawn for 4 years. My brother, who lives across the street said that he got a guy that was cheaper. I said that I would rather stick with the guy that I knew. The new service was $20 (with a free 5th cut if you pay up front). My guy was $25. So I got my first bill (monthly) and I was charged $28 per cut. I was less than happy that the increase happened with anyone telling me. So, I fired him. He called and apologized for not informing me of the increase. Very professional.

In comes the new guy. I pay him $80. He does three cuts and then I don't hear from him. I called Thursday. . nothing. Friday. . . .nothing. I called today and reminded him that he was prepaid and owes me two cuts. I then also get some kids from the neighborhood to cut the lawn ($20). As they are cutting, The Lawn Barber calls. He tells me that he's been in the hospital with a concussion. He just got my last message (which was polite and professional) about my prepaid service. . ."Well, you don't have a contract. Mow your own lawn asshole!"

I informed "The Lawn Barber" (I don't want to use Jon De Meo's name. . . ooops!) that I have his address and he says "Do what you have to do!"

So it looks like a trip to small claims is in order.

Wyatt, an chance this guy is mob related??

I'm wondering how I turned out to be the bad guy here!!

6 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just lucky? You could always crawl back to the first guy! he Let us know how the crow tastes!

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best bet: stick with the neighborhood kids. They're glad to get $20.

You telling me there aren't enough unemployed mexicans, I mean, day laborers that wouldn't do it for $10 plus an hour watching soccer on your big screen? What kind of negotiator are you!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Deathlok - Take the guy to court. While there is no signed contract, you have a good-faith verbal contract. You wouldn't need a lawyer for small claims court, so it won't cost you an arm and a leg, and - if you're patient - you should get reimbursed . . . eventually.

That, of course, if a pittance compared to the satisfaction of seeing him lose the case.

Also, contact the Better Business Bureau, and tell them about the problem. You'd be surprised what they can accomplish.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

I can't agree with Wyatt. I'd leave "The Lawn Barber" alone and find somebdy else. I have to wonder how he ended up in the hospital with a concusion. I'd bet it wasn't a hang-gliding related accident.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I realize that this is unlike me, but after posting this post, I was driving to see my Father-In-Law and I saw a bumper sticker that said "DO THE RIGHT THING, God will sort it out."

I think I might listen to that.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

Dude: where did you grow up? Go to the guys house at night and slash his tires. Take some of the excess grass clippings and shove them in his gas tank. Then throw a brick through his window.

Don't waste the courts time on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home