Thursday, July 06, 2006

AZ to DMV - Part 4 - The Finale

Let Wrap it up!

So the AZ trip is now over. And I pull into the parking lot to the DMV in NJ. This is a full half hour before it opens and there are six people waiting in their cars and one guy waiting at the door (he was there since 7:00 AM). I jump at this and as people see me getting in line, they begin to funnel out of their cars for "the line". I end up third in line.

For anyone who doesn't know (or who lives in a low population state) the DMV is a nightmarish place filled with every mutant know to man. Of course, working towards 28 hours of no sleep and a two day scruff going, I actually was one of the mutants.

Anyway, the pre-opening entertainment began about 7:50 AM. A lady pulls into the parking lot and threads two parked trucks. She proceeds to the parking space passed the parked trucks (so she could pull right out afterwards. doing that at 10 miles an hour is not recommended. At that very moment. . . . .The guy in the truck opens his door. BOOOOM!! Her passenger side widow explodes and both doors have more ridges than a Ruffles. This was actually more exiting than the rodeo.

Once the doors opened, I was sent back home to get the "Proper Identification". In NJ, you understand, you have to have 6 points of ID and their is a tangle skein of information that totals 6 points. My federal ID and my expired passport wasn't good enough. (My Passport has my picture and my information on it. . why does it have to be valid. I don't need a valid Passport. My taxes prevent me from being able to afford to go anywhere.

Home. . .Back.! Now I am 40-50th in line. Once through, I get "processed". . . .and then sit and wait for the call for the picture. . . . . .wait . . . . .wait. . . . .zzzzzzz. . . .huh. . . .. wait! Attention Everyone, due to the flooding in Trenton, all the systems are down. They may go up soon . . . .or not! I went to talk to the woman and make sure that she recognizes me when I come back. Around 10:30 I staggered out to go home and go to bed. . . . unlicensed.

Monday, the Governor shut the State down. I am currently driving unlicensed and cannot do anything about it.

NOTE: The bill got passed yesterday. . . ..DMV. . ..still closed!

8 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherry Hill?

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now ask yourself....how many people there are actually driving legal anyway...

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

rt, Turnersville DMV!

jt, Statically speaking, if someone hits my car, there is a 99% chance that they won't have insurance or a license.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're that far down...try West Deptford...off of 295...used to live there and I had friends that came from the shore area to that one because they handled things so well. That was five years ago, though.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we have the same kind of luck! ;) Let's hope if anyone who doesn't deserve a license comes in, they don't get a free ride! (right!) Good luck on your next attempt! (Be sure to post the picture!)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger trainer said...

Wasn't bad in the Silverton office a couple of weeks ago.

Of course I didn't have enough ID and had to go back for my Passport (within one month of being too expired).

But I was only in there 5 minutes the first time and the second took 15 minutes to get vetted, photographed, and outta there.

Other than that, we're selling out and moving to Pennsy...I like to shoot and Jersey is no place for that.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh...

That's kinda gross, man. True. But gross.

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home