Tuesday, July 04, 2006

AZ to DMV - Part 3

Friday - So now I'm at the airport . . . .a nice airport. I go to the USAir counter to switch to an earlier flight. There is a line for two specific flights, Philadelphia (Mine) and Charlotte. Okay, I'll play along. As I'm waiting in line I begin talking to people (because I have my necklace on, obviously) and I find out that everyone is on stand-by. The girl in front of me (Toyin. . .hey, I don't make 'em up) is a doctor at HUP. She's trying to get a flight so that she can get to work by Sunday and is not guaranteed anything until Monday (Remember, It's Friday!) By the time I get to the counter, I am thinking that I will just keep my flight. The guy at the counter gives me the "Let's see what I can do for you." attitude. I tell him that I'm on Government travel (which is guranteed seating) so he can give me my seat and I go off to kill time for a good portion of the day.

As I'm sitting there, I started thinking, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a movie theatre at the airport?? I could have caught a double feature.. . . Maybe Snakes On A Plane!

I read, I walked around and then I started talking to some nice girl from Orlando who was trying to get a flight to Phila or Charlotte and them hopefully get a connecting flight the next day (again, I had the necklace). We shot the shit for about 4 hours, I went to Chili's for a drink and a bite and went to the plane.

I watched the REAL "The Longest Yard" on the way home, as I can't sleep on a plane (there might be snakes on it). So, by the time the sun started coming up, I had finished my book and the movie and clocking close to 24 hours on the Wakey Wakey clock.

Did I mention that while out in AZ, I noticed that my license expired when June expired. So as Saturday's sun rose, so set my legal driving ability. Anyway, as the sun came up, I noticed the girl sitting next to me is this young blonde (young 20s) and is probably one of the most beautiful girl's that I've ever seen (and I'm watching Burt Reynolds). We start talking (which only wakes me up more) She says she hasn't seen grass in 8 months and Philadelphia looks like Ireland.

At this point, you would think that a bed was near (because I was awake for over 24 hours, not because of the cute chick) but No! I swing home grab my pertinent information and head to THE DMV!!!!!!

But that is another post. . . . .

6 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord. man! Does the word RELAX mean anything to you??
Is the necklace you refer to what the man sold you with the stone? Sounds more like a chic magnet! Of course, they were probably saying to themselves, poor lost soul! ha You don't have a strait jacket at home, do you? JUST KIDDING! You sure know how to take the long way home!
(How's your f-i-l?)

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, does that mean you had a birthday?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Oddly enough, ny birthday is in October!

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, someone has had an expied license! Shame on you! hehe Actually, I have, too. My birthday is in April and I have to get a new license later this month! Funny story--not--but I ain't telling!! ;)

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Garage lamborghini Plain copper bracelets University of phoenix online merchandise hiking

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... eric johnson state farm insurance ny skin care Baccarat cristal production france Removing stuck contact lens Quality software solutions list of famous baseball players Cosmetic surgery northgate Discounts sharper image ionic breeze Radar detector cobra band meanings blackberry 7230 wireless data recovery treatment cancer Antique cooking gas stove

 

Post a Comment

<< Home