Thursday, September 14, 2006

NeGOATiations!

So how are the negotiations going? Let's go to the quote board:

After a long a tedious negotiation yesterday (negotiation spelled B-A-T-T-L-E), I met up with my boss and my boss's boss's boss (and thought I was going to have time to get my wrist X-Rayed. . what was I thinking?) I got asked how things went:

Deathlok's Boss (to Boss3): "He told me yesterday that I'm lucky that the windows don't open on the fourth floor."
Deathlok: " Yeah, but then I realized that the balcony is an option. The only thing that keeps me from jumping is that my friend "mac" has the janitorial contract and I think scraping me up is out of scope."

1:00PM: Back in the fire and causing much ire. I should know where my career stands after today. Which, if things go bad, may be another Janitorial problem. Although my career isn't big enough to actually clog the toilet on the way down.

6 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

You need to have a meeting with "the Bobs."

"It's not that I'm lazy. It's that I just don't care."

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Hope you won't have to sell your collection of figures.

Work-stress over a weekend sucks. Find something totally insane and nonsensical to do.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Does drinking count. My brothers and I closed Bennigan's on Friday.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Drinking counts. It makes a person really, really relaxed. Counting all the times you went to the john...you worked in some cardio with all the walking. :) I used to be in places long enough to hear the "everyone must leave" recording...and the lights coming on to scare us all away.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Yeah, I remember those lights coming on and the "Good Lord! Is that what the girl I've been talking to all night looks like!?!" revelation.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

I feel your pain man. I'm so glad all that is behind me, now. Sorry about the late response to your post. I've been writing a research paper all week. Someday I might even get around to posting on my own blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home