Sunday, September 17, 2006

DragonLady Asks . . . .

Feel free to ignore this post as I felt this was too long to stick in a replay.

Dragonlady asked "What character Do You Have?" in D&D. So, since my brain has been dry lately, I thought that I would run a little character(s) history while I gear them up for this Friday.

Currently, I have two characters . . . .but they are connected.

I started out with a Barbarian named Krusk! He's big! He's strong! He's dumb! I like this because many of the people that we play with are seasoned players and usually know what to expect from certain items and characters. In Krusk's case, he'll smash it. If it pisses him off, he'll smash it hard. When the party says "Don't crush that guys skull he has a necklace of fireballs that will explode." I say "Oh, I hit him anyway." FUN!

With this in mind, it should be no surprise that Krusk got killed. During a resurrection spell, something went wrong Krusk came back to life. . . .but something wasn't right. During the course of events, Krusk would periodically change into a halfling thief. So picture yourself as say . . . .Vinnie Jones. Your smashing and killing and 'Poof', now your the Mini Me guy. FUN! To make things a little more interesting, the two character's possessions changed with them. Thus, if Syzygy, the Rogue (thief) throws a dagger at someone and he changes, the creature on the receiving end may end up getting hit with a thrown battleaxe. FUN!

Unfortunately, Krusk got killed again. As his body lie there, a knife protruded from his chest and Syzygy cut his way out of Krusk's dead body. Bye Bye Krusk!!. . . . or is it!

During our travels we noticed that we were not alone. Through the help of a Mystic, we were informed that Krusk's Ghost has been traveling with us. Eventually, Krusk (who can't communicate with anyone unless he touches a certain amulet found a Great Hammer that is a ghost touch weapon. This means that it isn't corporal. . . .except for the business end. SWEET!. . . .I mean FUN!

So, now I have two characters to run my sneak thief who has a glove of holding (good for swiping stuff) and hat the can let me disguise myself as any species, and a robe with patches of stuff that if I rip them off they become real AND a ghost barbarian (I still have to figure out how to become corporal) with a gaping wound in my chest.

Hey! Where did everybody go???

9 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

You mentioned prep for Friday. Is it an in-person D&D thing, or do y'all play over the computer? Don't these things last like forever? Just askin'. I was never into that kind of stuff.

Are you a character during a game? Multiple characters?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

We go over someone's house every other Friday. It's been going on for about 2-1/2 - 3 years now.

Despite what people may say, it's comparable to going over someone's house and playing trivial pursuit. . . .with carnage.

Usually everyone has one character, my character just split.

I had never played before and my wife never had never even heard of it. A good night out. . .with drinks!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Interesting. Thanks for the
answer(s).

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Too bad I don't live closer, I'll sit through anything, as long as there's drinks!

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a MU, Jonathon Chance (bonus points if you can tell me what band I got this name from), and a thief, Silk. I rarely got to play my characters to their full potential because I usually DM'd. If I DM'd and wanted to take a character along, they couldn't make any decisions and the characters couldn't ask their opinions on things. Needless to say, they couldn't lead. HOWEVER, when I played under another DM, I kicked major bootay. :)
One highlight of our campaigning was we once almost got the police called on us by someone (sister's neighbor) who thought we were really going to cut someones head off (she heard us yelling).

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have these twin dwarf brothers named F and U. FatWhiteMan was the Dm and he killed F by drowing him. He's a bastard DM that way...

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh sure, blame the DM! The DM's always get blamed for anything that happen to the characters.
So, how did he drown your dwarf? lol

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Note: Never Get Blown up while wearing a necklace of fireballs. . .

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: Never drink giant potion while sitting on your favorite horse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home