Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Speaking to the Ether. . . .

My lack of posting seems to have shut down this blog. My life has recently been a whirlwind. Those who mock the Government worker officially has a pox cast upon them. I am the busiest, most overworked person that I know.

If anyone is still put there, I have officially accepted my new post working for Transportation Security (a subdivision of Homeland). What this means is that I can make a phone call and have you cavity searched at the airport. I'm mad with the power.

My philosophy on accepting the job is this: I have busted my ass, scraped, crawled, demeaned and ranted to get a promotion that I deserved. I finally got it, but not before I applied elsewhere. Now, for once in my life, I am in demand. So, the safety of aviation now has to pony up. They need to offer something to keep me. . . and I can be bought cheap. If they offer nothing, I'm gone. The new place is weird in the fact that they are falling all over me and can't wait for me to start. I'm almost inclined to turn it down because I can't live up to the hype.

Bottom line, the intense security clearance (like I'm working at Area 51) will take months and then, I'll be shuffling off.

More inportantly, tomorrow starts Man's Weekend. I will arrive first at approx. 1:00 PM and be drinking by 2:00. As people, including Wyatt show up the drinks will pour. To get a jump on the weekend, I plan on stopping at the bar that we will be at on Thursday night and convince them to stock Guinness for the upcoming onslaught.

Next year, MWE - - - -VEGAS!

Who needs directions????

8 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger LBJ said...

Congratulations. My agency's loss is homeland security's gain.

The clearance thing can be slow, mine took several months, I swear they talked to everyonen I'd ever known in my life. Other than poor choices in men and one bounced check when I was 17 (teenagers and checking accounts not a good mix). I came through OK.

Best to you and your family. You're going to do so well at that.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats man. Glad I don't fly anywhere...well, at least on airplanes...

Never mind, it would take too long to explain.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

Congratulations on the new position. If they call us for references, I'll be sure to tell them you make a wicked Mai Tai.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second paragraph is alittle scary! I may pass on a trip to DC! ;)
Good luck with your new job!

Too bad we can't all offer a good word for you! heh

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

Dude- I held a top secret clearance in the 80s. Can't be that hard to get one. Hopefully they won't find out about the penguin.

They never even found about when I called the naval depot and told your secretary that we might have shipped a nuke there by accident. (try not to hit any boxes with a hammer)

It's the little things that make life enjoyable.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Oh boy... Welcome to MY world... If they are doing a BI, plan on 12-14 months to complete. Hope you remember who your third grade school teacher was and where she currently lives and what her current phone number is :-)

Have fun with the MWE, one of these days if I'm ever in the states at the right time, I'll try to meet up with y'all.

Oh yeah, good luck with the new job too... Just another chance to excel!!!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Dlok,
Congratulations on the new job. And yes, we're still here. You can't get rid of us that easily!

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...a cavity search. I'm making a list for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home