Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Looking Ice, Baby!


Less than 36 hours. . . . . . .

Yes, tonight I have to make the long trek to Philadelphia to my supplier and pick up my tickets for the Flyers this year. Of the tickets to be picked up, is the preseason game for tomorrow night against the Washington Capitals.

This year has been a bit odd for me concerning the Flyers tickets. For the last . . . . . . forever. . . . .I have purchased 18 games and gone with my Father. We’ve been doing this since they were still playing at the Spectrum. Last year, my Dad was on the fence about getting the tickets. He eventually got them (because my Mom treated him to his tickets). After the fiasco of last season, he was not as easily cajoled. Thus, I had to get the tickets and find a partner (actually partners) to go.

Tomorrow, my friend and handicapped quota, Gimp (hey! He picked the nickname, not me) are heading up to start the season. I also have tickets with my friend Lee, a girl a used to work with at the Navy (my wife is thrilled about that), my Dad got a few games and I’m taking the kids to a few . . . . and my wife is going to one.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting my wife plan a trip to the Poconos with my friend Lori. They scheduled it for the same weekend that I had (note HAD) tickets for the Flyers Home Opener. So, now my Dad is taking Badger’s son. Nice!

Although the season doesn’t really kick off until a week from tomorrow, officially the season starts Saturday with back to back games between the Los Angeles Kings the Stanley Cup Champion (no, not the FHL Team Pinchy) Anaheim Ducks who are playing the first two game of the season in Europe. SWEET!!

8 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The shirts are still really gay, btw. They look like Joan Collins on a "special" episode of Dynasty.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Mr. Zippy and I were having dinner at a local sports pub, and I began to think that while our season --baseball-- is winding down, yours is just beginning. Enjoy!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Go Phillies!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Poconos where they have the beds that look like champagne glasses? Sounds like Mrs. DLok wants your undivided attention! Will there be a post on that trip?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

There would be. . . .Let's just say it is bound to wet and wild.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you should claim Wild Thing as your song, then! heh
Enjoy yourself, wild thing!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Of course by wet and wild, I mean that we are taking the kids to the indoor water park.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, well have a good time, family guy! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home