Thursday, September 20, 2007

Penultimate Fiscal Push!

Well, today and tomorrow are that last two days of the fiscal year for us. This means that work is busy busy busy. Of course, with the contract that I have, as work gets rerouted, it gets rerouted to my desk. In other words, shit flows downhill and I'm the french drain. I had three meetings this morning and thanks to my wonderful work ethic (read: I'm stupid), I receieved three calls on my cell phone during them for work related emergencies (Note to Self: Do Not Give Out Your Personal Phone Number To People At Work).

I now have a list of people who are pissed off at me. I entitled that list : PEOPLE WHO DON'T DO THERE JOB CORRECTLY AND NEED A SCAPEGOAT! I told my wife that I may come in tomorrow (Friday), if they need me. I found out at one of the meetings that my presence is mandatory. So, God help any living thing (including friendlies) at the D&D table tomorrow night.

On a good note (and a secret note). I got called into the office on Friday. My boss wanted to inform me that (although unannounced yet) they had selected someone for the position here at work and that I did not get the promotion. The reason being was that my name was pulled from contention because they promoted my current position based on the work that I have been doing. I'm pleased. I have a gag order, but since nobody that I work with reads this, I can tell everyone here. I was also asked to be the "Emergency Contracting POC". This means that if there is an emergency of any type, I get a call and he to come in. If terrorists attach by plane again, I'm gonna be really pissed.

3 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

Congrats on the secret promotion! Well deserved, I'm sure.

Now onto more important things - how about that Mai Tai recipe?

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger LBJ said...

You know you work for the agency when:

1. You write your personal letters in vu-graph format.

2. You use bullet format to make your grocery list.

3. You sat in the same office for 6 years and worked for 3 different agencies.

4. Your company welcome sign is attached with velcro strips.

5. "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten" really applies.

6. You have no concept of time or date but to check you look at your paystub.

7. The sun is something you read about.

8. You have to call home to check the weather because you can't find a window.

9. When the main topic of conversation is which bid is out for what.

10. Rumors, Rumors, Rumors.

11. All your friends who went to grad school have their own window office and secretary, and still make twice as much as you do.

12. If you say "If I tell you, I'd have to kill you" when asked about what you do at work.

13. When you get excited about a 3% raise.

14. You can neither "confirm nor deny" what you are working on.

15. You refer to your marriage as a "teaming" arrangement.

16. The travel agency sends you a get well card the week you don't travel.

17. You have more ID's than most people have credit cards.

18. You attend more meetings in two weeks than most people attend in two years.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Happy secret shhhhhhhhh! :) Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home