Saturday, September 29, 2007


It’s here!!

Today at 12:00 Noon, the puck drops on the 2007-2008 season of the National Hockey League.

Note to Flyers: Git er done!


Of course, in the grand scheme of things, I got bigger things on the agenda until then. I am currently haunting the computer until 10:00 until the Hannah Montana tickets go on sale. My daughter turned 15 Thursday (and no you don't get pictures) and that is what she wants. So here is hoping that I can get in there by 10:03 before they sell out. (Oddly enough the Cure hasn't sold out. . .go figure).

The discussion (and by discussion, I mean argument) of the morning was whether the girls should be allowed to go to the concert with supervision. On the one hand, I was doing all kinds of stuff by myself when I was 15 (not to myself . . . ), but I', not sure that it's a good idea in this day and age (so close to the Apocalypse and all).

For all you people lucky not to be educated in the ways. . . . .Hannah Montana is a show on the Disney Channel. Hannah Montana is Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter (and he's her Dad in the show too). Personally, I've never seen it, but it's very popular. I wonder if she'll sing Acky Breaky Heart.

7 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

Got a little worried when I saw the Hanna Montana picture. :)

Flyers = YAY!

I once asked for Flyers tickets for my birthday since they had a game that day. My dad was all for until he realized we'd have to sit in the nosebleed section. He said no and I think I got the usual gift certificate. I was crushed. I didn't care; I just wanted to go to the game. Thank you for being a good dad. :)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

HOCKEY'S BACK, BABY!!!

And the game is delayed because the Brits can't find the damned light switch!

"Anything to declare?"
"Yeah, don't go to England."

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never go see another Cure show, for fear they would play that "It's Friday, I'm in love" song, which is 100% opposite of what the Cure was back in the early 80's. Makes me cringe just thinking of it.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger grimjack said...

I'm thinkin it's because she can actually sing. Most cure songs are great, until he sings. Best cure song- Facsination Street (prior to the vocals). Second favorite- Lullaby (when sung by Robert Plant).

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I struck out on the Hannah tickets.

Damn.

They were $68 seats and they are now going for $625 a pair on ebay.

I might pay $625 to a trip back in time. . .. that's about it!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I agree with Grimjack: I've always really liked this Cure song.

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.medigitalpress.com/]Cheap Oakley Sunglasses[/url] [/b] Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to give one thing back and help others such as you aided me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home