Saturday, August 11, 2007

Here I Am - The Finale

Most important but chronologically last. . .

There are times that things go on that require a level head and a voice of reason. Some people are made for this role, others have it thrust upon them. Calm and Reasonable does not equal Deathlok. For example, last year when my Father-In-Law died, there was no one that could handle the task at hand. Therefore, I had to do it. While he was in the hospital, I kept telling my wife and daughter, "We can't all just lay around crying. He's gonna get better and come here and probably stay here from now on. That's the way I'm looking at this until something changes." As it turned out things didn't go that way and the sadness came and was dealt with (and is still being dealt with). The point is that someone has to remain positive. A little while ago, my wife found a lump in her neck. After rubbing shit on it and taking medication with no change, she went to the doctors. They took a sample and took a look. Fine. When the doctor's office calls and says, the Doctor wants to see you tomorrow morning (but they can't tell you anything over the phone. . .damn Hippo Laws. . . .what? Oh, never mind).

To continue, we are at the doctor's the next morning and they decide to cut this thing loose. Surgery was scheduled for this past Friday. To give you an idea of how the Mrs. D thinks, years ago we went down to here parents shore house. As we pulled up, she cries "Oh my God! There's a medical vehicle outside the house! What's Wrong!"
"Doesn't your brother drive a medical vehicle?"
"Oh,. . . . . . .Yeah!"

So, she's quietly a mess (and thinks that I don't know). I'm force into being reasonable. . . . .again. I keep telling her "They're going to cut that thing out and you'll have a little scar and it will be over. It's nothing! I'll be there"

This time I was right! Thank God! We had to get up at 4AM on Friday, got her settled and I sat without eating the whole time (shhhhh, the cafeteria was pretty good!) Several Chapters of Harry Potter later and we were on our way home. Tuesday is back to the Doctor's for the results. So yesterday, I realised that I was exhausted. Like, "drunk, dizzy and beat up in the parking lot" tired. I didn't realize how stressed out I was until it was over.

NOTE: Her Doctor is Smoking Hot!

9 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger LBJ said...

well I tried to log on an extra time to give you one more well deserved hit, but for whatever reason, it won't let me "hang up" and I still show I'm on since this morning, even though I've logged off my computer. So if you see a visitor ending in "45" that's been on there for about two hours. . it's not a stalker, or someone who fell asleep at the keyboard. . explorer just won't let me "hang up". . Dang. . and I was really hoping for the action figure.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I take my best naps at the computer keyboard.

I hope all turns out well with Mrs. Deathlok. :)

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Was I 10,000?

'Cause your counter says I am...

Hope Mrs. D is feeling better!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I think Pandy is the lucky winner. Damned AYE-talians!

Glad to hear B is going to be okay. Who else would cook for us at the FHL Draft???

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Vinnie cooked up some good Guinness last year!
Mmmmmm!!

Congratulations to Pandy! Choose your prize!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Captain America said...

Smoking hot Dr.? Does Wyatt know??? I see lots of positive follow up's in your future. Can you check her again Doc? Ya know just to be sure...?
Hope the missus is doing fine and congrats on 10 thou!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude- not that there is anything wrong with that, but I hope Barbs doctor is a girl.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. It worked.

Hope Barb is ok.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Damn, glad things turned out alright. My best to Mrs. 'Lok. Freaky, scary stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home