Monday, July 30, 2007

Blogger Reflection Award!!


Unlike the previously bestowed Meme. . . .

Not Madame Mim. . . .Meme. . . Anyway, I have been given a Blogger Reflection Award by RT.

The rules are as follows:

Here are the rules:

1. Copy this post (meaning the rules).
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

"This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy . . . of knowing them and being blessed by them.”

Now, can I come up with five?? Let open up the head and see what comes out.

Wyatt – I have to begin with Wyatt because he started me on this blogger thing. Wyatt is from a group of my brother’s friends that through Man’s Weekend, Fantasy League Hockey, Blogging, etc. I have come to consider MY friend (whether they like it or not). I’m a necessary evil due to being the “coordinator of events” for a lot of things, but Wyatt is a great guy who is witty (with a bit of “Bitey” to it) who understands my brand of humor. When it comes to the Don Rickles brand of humor, he gives and good as he gets. There is no one that can hit with a comedic jab AND take the same jab with being offended by it. Very smart and very sharp even if he needs a meeting to curtail his blogging addiction. When it effects his Man’s Weekend appearance, the intervention will begin.

Zippychik & 80s Girl – I’m combining two (technically not in violation of the rules. . .see above) – Years ago, I began streaming an ill-fated radio station called Dayglo Radio. (There’s a post in my archives somewhere that I could direct you to if I knew where it was). There I met many fun people that I became “internet friendly” with. Upon the demise of Dayglo, the friendship remained for a few. Of them, Zippychik and 80’s Girl are among the top (Diane’s in there too but doesn’t have a blog as far as I know (which is technically against the rules)). Although I have never met Zippychik in person, I consider her a good friend. The same can be said for 80’s Girl until this weekend when she will be visiting the House of Deathlok.

Radio Gnome – Speaking of internet radio, when Dayglo went the way of the Dinosaur Jrs, Zippychik introduced me to Radio Hidebound(Now available through iTunes). Radio Gnome is the owner, coordinator and DJ of RadioHidebound. It’s a great site that plays great music. I have gotten to the point that if I’m not plugged into my MicroZen, I have Radio Gnome plugged in. Last year when my wife and I visited the D.C. area, I got to meet Radio Gnome. Despite my wife’s initial “This guy isn’t going to kidnap you, is he?” fears, I had a great time. My work day and house cleaning have been changed forever with Hidebound. It would be a major adjustment to lose it. Clearly another internet person that has become a friend.

Brad - Just added to the links on the right (thus making him a legal pick) is my friend Brad. I haven't been in touch for a while with Brad because since college, our lives have taken us in different directions. While we were in college, I learned a lot from Brad. Although I was the Senior guy moving onto the floor, Brad has a confident air and pleasant demeanor that just make you like him. With a brain big enough to memorize the entire name of Python's Johan Gambleputty (Google for the full name. . .I dare you to try and memorize it) and musically talented to boot, I spent my senior year (and then some) learning New Wave and Post Modern (remember that), and many other type of music from Brad. He has always been an inspiration to me and by the number of times that his name comes up in conversation despite not seeing him in over 10 years, he will always be a big part of my life and who I am. In the coming months visit his Christmas Music Site.

And although that is technically 5, I would be remiss if If didn't mention:

Rachel
Without her help, my pitiful blog would not have the snazzy banner at the top. I appreciate her blog support and particpation in my corner of the world.

7 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Thank you, sir! Of course, RT AND myself nominated you for this one. http://sharpshooters.blogspot.com/2007/07/blogger-reflection-award.html

But, I truly appreciate the kind words. Keep up the good work.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Frak, here's a more readable link:

sharpshooters.blogspot.com/2007/07/
blogger-reflection-award.html

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Thanx. I feel the love. Back at ya.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Zippy, it's not too late for the pool party.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks bud (although I think you might have skirted the "spirit of the award" with yours truly).

Now then, while I'm here . . .

1. Peatbog Faeries
Scots On The Rocks (13)
2. Stan Ridgway
Pile Driver (6)
3. Armoury Show
Castles in Spain (6)
4. The The
Uncertain Smile (12" Remix) (6)
5. Shooglenifty
Bjork's Chauffeur (5)

hmmmm......something about that list has a certain . . . feel to it.

{grin}

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Sorry! I'll have to bump that Certain Smile from the list.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Oh, and "spirit of the award"??

I work in contracts. The Spirit of the award doesn't carry any weight. My post TECHNICALLY follows what the award rules say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home