Friday, July 20, 2007

Do Do Do Yadda Yadda Yadda

The Police concert was last night. And thus endeth my search for the sale of my tickets.

After hawking my extra tickets for months I finally found someone to buy my pair of $90 each tickets. Unfortunately, it was this skeevy scalper dude that gave me $45 for the pair. On the bright side, nobody sat next to us at the concert, so I was $45 better than I would have been.

As for the concert. . . .

I don’t know maybe it was me. The songs were good, but it just seemed to lack heart. I think Sting’s voice has really held up. He sounded good. All three members, Feyd-Rautha, Stewart Copeland and Tim Allen, all were playing but the emotion wasn’t there. It’s as if they thought “We’ll play because the fans need us.” To paraphrase Killface “We are full”. Sure they are older. They could have done a remake of “We are alllll, all in out 50’s”, but that doesn’t fly. When I saw the Smithereens a few years ago, Pat gained about 800 pounds. Despite that he and the band ROCKED! They were very into it. Someone like Elvis (the one’s that’s alive) has changed his style as he got older, but still has passion for what he is doing. These guys were more lifeless than when I went to see BOSTON.

HeYooooooooooo! Do I remember things wrong, or is the He-Yo NOT in every song that they sing? EVERY SONG! I could hear Sting thinking “They love it when we say He-yo. Let’s give em what they want. What we want is Canary in a Coalmine, Man in a Suitcase and Rehumanize Yourself.

As for the venue, did they change the way stadium concerts are or did they always stink and I was too drunk to notice. I couldn’t see them at all. . AND I HAD GOOD SEATS. My son’s Heroclixs are bigger than that. The people on the floor had a decent view. To us, it was like were sitting there watching people watching a concert.

There were two opening bands. The first, who I don’t even know who they were, sounded like the Police. Who does that?? They have already slipped from my memory. The next band, despite myself, caught my ear. They were the Fratellis, a Scottish band (so you should know that they weren’t crap). They were a cross between the Levellers, house of Freaks and the Monkees. I am researching them today. Gotta love a Scot.

Anyway, I would have almost preferred that the Police stunk. They didn’t. They were just bland. They played hit after hit after hit (it amazes me that people get more riled up for EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES IS MAGIC that they do for SO LONELY (the only song that really rocked last night.)

I know 80sGirl is heading to MSG to see them and with her love of String, she will probably love the show. . . .again the show was good and the songs sounded good. You will probably have a better view at the Garden. My wife and I were joking that if they just played the video screens and used stunt doubles on stage, we would never have known the difference.

Note: Not that I'm kissing up or anything, but I did wear my Radio Hidebound T-Shirt at the concert.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

They must not love what they do. Maybe they should not do things for the money.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard similar things from other people who have attended some of the other shows.

Not too surprising.

Fabulous wardrobe choice!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Suckup!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger zippychik said...

You should have gone to Cortland with gnome to see Blotto. You could have slam danced with the toddlers right in front of the stage.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear concert was not up to par! Sting said no for years and I guess he was right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home