Monday, July 16, 2007

Using Good For Evil - A Morality Play

So I'm sitting in Mass yesterday and the Deacon is giving his sermon. He's says . ."blah, blah, blah. . . .we often distinguish people based on the size, shape, race. . . .well, not race because we are all the same race. . .the human race. . . blah, blah, blah. . .

My eyes did that involuntary widening when a light goes on in your head. My daughter notices and says "What?" My reply . . "Later!"

So I explain to her that I thought that the sermon was very poignant (not pungent). However, from now on, every application or questionnaire that I receive will be filled out Race: Human.

6 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Agreed. From now on I'm checking the "H" box.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always put "Middle Eastern". They say that civilization started in Mesopotamia, so I've got to have some lineage back there.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

Homo, Wyatt?

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

OH, SNAP!!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch, I thought "Hispanic" when I saw the H, but RT's is much better!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

homo sapiens SUPERIOR!!!!!

I wanted to join the human race, but the race has long gone bye

(lyrics paraphrased because the original is a wee bit precious)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home