Saturday, August 11, 2007

Here I Am!!!

Wow! What a week!

It's usually. . I say Usually (insert Foghorn Leghorn voice). . . not a good idea to not post for 5 or 6 days when (A) you have a run on hits and (B) you are closing in on 10,000 hits. In my head, where there is lots of room lately, I have blogtopics(not Hot Topic) a-plenty. Time to do them. . . . .Not So Much!

It all started some time ago. . . .okay, a week or so ago. This is what I've been doing.

Last weekend, I actually had people come visit "Castle Deathlok" (term coined by 80sGirl). Long time internet acquaintance 80sGirl (AKA Token Asian) and less long time internet acquaintance and internet radio personality extraordinaire, RadioGnome, spent the weekend at my house. I have known 80sGirl for about three years. We go way back to the days of Dayglo Radio. Since then, we have migrated to RadioHidebound and she has migrated from Japan to California and (hopefully soon) Ithica New York. After threee years of chatting on the Glo, Hidebound and the Martini Vault, I finally got to meet her in person. She is wonderful. I have known the Gnome (??? known. . . Gnome? ?? ) for over a year and a half. Unlike 80s, I actually met the Gnome last year when I traveled to DC. This time it was his turn to meet the family. . .Oh and that includes Kirk. The weekend was great. Not counting the fact that it was 100 degrees and so humid we couldn't really hang at the pool outside (unless we were going to stay in the water) and that the radio station went South and Gnome couldn't get it working remotely, the weekend went off without a hitch.
We went to the Creole Cafe for dinner on Saturday night (yummy as always) and hung around and got to know each other. Sunday Morning, Gnome had to roll back to DC, so missed the Pat's Steaks excursion, which, embarrassing enough was my first trip to Pat's. . . It's was REALLY good. Next stop . . .Gino's! We even got to meet 80s cousin, Klink. He was a really nice guy, too. I was a little taken aback when I first met him because he surprised us by meeting us on the street. As I passed him, he said "Hi! I'm Klink!" Okay, (1) Polite guy on the streets of Philadelphia usually equals a problem. (2) I spent about ten years with a best friend who's last name was . . .Klink. So, it took me a minute to process. Later, as we enjoyed $5 Gelatis at 20 and Sansom, Klink asked me. . "I've been here about 6 months. When does the Brotherly Love set in. I haven't seen it." I had to laugh. I had no answer for that. I told hime "It's there, it's just expressed a little different here."

So, although belated, I want to thank Gnome and 80sGirl for making the trip. It was a pleasure having you. next year, more people.

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Philadelphia brotherly lover = noogies when you have a concussion.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

See! Someone who gets it!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?? No Jim's Steaks? How appauling. Pat's and Ginos are for the tourists.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday morning? Dude, I left at 3:00 in the afternoon! LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home