Thursday, May 18, 2006

Name One Of The 7 Deadly Sins!


Slouth! That's the one we were going for.

This is Kirk! He is a dalmation that pushes the limits of 100 lbs. Here are some facts about my dog:

1. He was named after my favorite goaltender Kirk McLean after she nixed the idea of calling him Rorschach.

2. He is a slug. Dalmations are notorious for being hyper. Not this guy. Lopped em off early and he the laziest thing you could ever meet.

3. Despite #2, he is a great guard dog. When someone comes near the house (although friendly if you appraoch him without surprising him), he barks fierce enough to give pause. Almost like he's saying "You made me get? there will be a recogning." I think he gets that from me.

4. He may disagree, but a queensize bed is not play for two and this guy.

5. As you can see in the picture, yes, he can read the paper.

6. Things Kirk has consumed:
- 8 raw porkchops
- a swimcap
- an entire poundcake
- half a lasagne dish of chocolate fudge
- a balloon
- an entire container of bubble tape
- 2 each baby bunnies
- brussel sprouts

7. Things that Kirk will not eat
- lettuce
- that's it!!

8. A Kirk Story
When we got Kirk, I didn't want a dog. Why? Because I knew that I would have to take care of it. Despite that promises frm my wife and daughter to the contrary, I do. We got him anyway. One day, my wife was working. My daughter and I took the dog for a walk. My daughter was about 4 years old. She was walking on the sidewalk and I was wlaking the puppy in the street. I diecided to race him home. As we ran up the street, Kirk caught up to me. The problem was that he ran in between my legs and tripped me at a full run. My daughter was crying on the sidewalk because I looked hurt. I couldn't get out of the street. I couldn't get my arms to work. After the ambulance came and picked me out of the street (thank the the kind neighbors), I was taken to the hospital to find that I had cracked both of my elbows. I was casted on one are and temp casted on the other. I won't go int the thing that you can't do by yourself with two broken elbows. Yeah, I remember when I had my pride. . . . . .

Despite this, Kirk has been with us for 10 years.

For Linda, Kirk post surgery.

Note: He ate the blue case too. It had to be replaced with a green one.

Color me unhappy at that.

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaawww! And YIKES! Cute pupppy but wow, what an appetite! Has he had surgery for any of that?
Arms in casts equal misery, I'm sure! I can think of lots of things you'd need help with! ;)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

No, he usually passes it up or down.

He did have surgery a year and a half ago when he tore his "dog equivalent" ACL.

I had no use for that $3,000 anyway.

Picture updated!

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor doggie! I've never had one that ate stuff, luckily! I've had things chewed up as puppies, but then they grew out of it. Great Danes and a Min Schnauzer- no casts or that awful looking thing around the neck, thank goodness! Mine always had chewy toys or rawhide to chew on, but I know some dogs just eat weird things!
If he's beeen around for 10 yrs, I guess he's doing pretty good! $3000--ouch!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Kirk McLean. Worst goalie . . . ever!

Sorry, but ya knew it was comin'.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Token Asian said...

Kirk almost looks like a goalie with that blue cast on.

Rorschach? For some reason, "Horseshack" just came back to me. "Oooh, oooh, Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter..."

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

So how many channels did Kirk get with that thing?

You know I love dogs, but $3000 is a fatal illness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home