Monday, May 15, 2006

More Party Fun!



Sure Grimjack and I went to a lot of parties with a lot of different people. That was usually because we had to find new people to go to parties with because we were seldom invited back.

Yet another costume party showed a much wiser Deathlok. Instead of hours of makeup and form fitting lykra (sp?), this time I wore my judo Gi (outfit). If you read Grim's recent post, you will know that his daughter is now an Aunt of her Niece only two years younger. (Well, go read it. . I'll wait! ~ in my best Gilbert Godfrey voice ~ ~ ~ Anyway, Grim is in the same situation. This party was at his Aunt's house, who is a few years older than us. Her parties were as close to actually going back to the 60s as you can get. It was also the last party that I was at where someone actually had a KEG OF GUINNESS! So, we are hanging and partying. Several of the rooms had "different" things going on in them. Not sure what all was going on in some of them but I'm pretty sure Strawberry Alarmclock was playing in some of them. Grim and I separated at one point and I was in the main room of the house talking to some people. Some dude comes up to me and says "Nice Costume! . . . .Hiiiyaahh!!" We're all having fun and making friend right?? Chuckling , I return his "Hiiiyaaah!!" I this drunk (at least) motherfucker practically plucks my eye from it's socket. No lie! This guy poked my eye faster than I could blink of flinch. Now sure, it was all my fault. I should have recognized the martial arts expert that spent time in 'Nam. What's wrong with me. Grimjack comes out a little later and wonders what the problem is.

It tookabout an hour before I could even open my eye. . . but at least they had Guinness.

8 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should've tried pouring some in your eye! With your tongue out to catch it as it trickled down! First paragraph speaks volumes! Aren't ya glad those days are behind ya! ;)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

Lok left out the best part of this one: As we arrived, my aunt comes walking out of the party carrying a sword. A real one, taken from someone dressed as a Samuri. She told us she was going to kill Mary, a former friend who stole some money from her. Fortunately, she returned to the party without a bloody sword or the top of Mary's head. And people say that Kill Bill was unrealistic. Lok is right about the atmosphere: The most recent album (and I do mean those round black things with the hole in the middle) was probably the Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East. I think I walked into one room, and saw an actual hooka smoking caterpiller. I don't remember why it took me an hour to leave it.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Token Asian said...

I'm glad you still have your eye!!!!!!!! That was a close one!

Loved Hong Kong Phooey, but I forgot his sidekick cat's name.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

The striped cat? His name was Spot!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Jesus, is there any insignificant trivia that you do not know?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Wyatt,
I didn't even have to look that up.

dillon,
I'd be honored. It's a little (read: A LOT!) less thought provoking and indepth than yours, but hopefully it will bring a smile.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger rachel said...

Great, I have a striped cat named Spot. Can I blame Hong Kong Phooey?

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Conversely, there was an '80 comic strip in the paper called Tiger, which had a boy whose spotted dog was named Stripe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home