Friday, April 28, 2006

Global Warming! It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!

I'm Back. . . . Again!

A week in California on business? Break Out The Sunscreen! I thought Monterey was supposed to be nice. It was in the 50s the whole week. It was warmer here in the Philadelphia area. IT WAS WARMER LAST YEAR WHEN I WENT TO ALASKA!!

So, I went to Monterey and never left hotel. . .except to see THANK YOU FOR SMOKING! Good Movie! But let's look at the bright side of the trip. . . . . .

From a business standpoint, the trip was excellent. I proved to be a relevent part of the trip (not always the case) and was told that I was wanted (WANTED mind you) at the October Protland Maine Conference . .. . I'm drawing butter as we speak. . . . The hotel offered a full cook to order breakfast (which save on Government per diem money - - - -ching!) and (get this) a free happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 (and with Bud and Bud lite and the beer of choice, I drank my weight in Mai Tais - thank you very much!!) I was chatty with the bartender as we were the only to people that cared that the hockey playoffs were going on. He stopped talking to me when I told him the Red Wings Blow. He then showed me his Red Wings watch. . . .good thing I was tipping (not normal fare for Gevernment employees).

Thank God for the Chili's across the street which was the only place that had OLN. Yeah, hockey!

The highlight of the trip was when the chairman of the conference had his laptop crash and I heard this guy (who was full of Gosh and Darn all week) drop the F-bomb repeatedly. I strapped his phone to my head and dialed my brother (Badger from Wyatt's stories of interest) and he talked me through fixing it. no matter how I explained that I am a computer dolt and was only able to fix it with sibling assistance, they thought I was great. They would have bought me drinks, if they weren't free.

As for the flight, why do people fly without a porable DVD player? It's great!! Now if I could just stop having to borrow one everytime I fly.

Sorry for the absence!!

6 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger rachel said...

The top dog from my job went to a conference recently, I helped him set up something mildy tricky in a power point presentation before he left. When he got to the conference, they insisted on moving the presentation to their laptop. It worked after they did the move, but when it came time for him to present: not a thing. He says I get to go with him to next year's conference. Sweet.

Always good to have a geek on speed dial.

Thanks for the link!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Token Asian said...

Monterey is not known as a warm part of California since it is quite a bit north. Even with that, California weather is known to be tempermental from time to time, too. Sorry you weren't able to work on your tan.

For some reason, I thought you were actually going to BE at the game and not watching it at a bar!!!!! Vast difference (as opposed to vas deferens).

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger zippychik said...

Dlok to the rescue! And of course you're WANTED! We wanted you in the Vault last night!

This week I have to help my boss with a presentation he's giving in Atlanta. If I do a really good job, maybe next time he'll probably take me along!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Remember! When they take you along they tend to want you to present something. Not my forte, but I'm comfortable talking contracts to a room full of engineers.

You would think that engineers would have a graph somewhere that shows the delta on the s curve as the rate of tip increases the ratio of spit in your food declines exponentially

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Did you get "Conference Prostitutes?" What? Like everyone else didn't wanna ask that?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

. . .with a hotel full of guests and free booze, who needs an expensive prostitute to score.

Hey Baby! The drinks are on me. . . .. until 7:30.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home