Sunday, April 09, 2006

SOLID ALBUM SELECTIONS - A

Let's give Thanks to Eric Ambel. Eric Ambel is a member of a little known band called the Del Lords. A very good band that didn't last very long. Not only do have all the Del Lords CDs, I have Eric's solo album. So, why do we give Thanks to Eric Ambel. Because despite the alphabetization Eric's CD sits in between two solid albums that if put together would cause an disruption in the fabric of the Universe that would end all things.

1. ABBA - Gold

I know! I know! But it's ABBA GOLD! This is a great album. It's is a best of CD, but it should be in everyone's music collection. Now, sure, I own the Partridge Family's Greatest Hits and I'm not saying everyone should own that. ABBA Gold is chock full of hits. From SOS to Waterloo, you will find your foot tapping against its will.




2. ACDC - Back In Black

As much as I am not into the Poppy songs of top 40 (like ABBA), I am also not in to Heavy Metal. In fact, my college roommate was into metal and it furthered my dislike for it. Ratt, Motley, Iron Maiden . . .Despite their use of the umlaut, I can't stand Heavy Metal. That being said, is there an album more cathartic than Back In Black. Yeah sure, it doesn't have Big Balls on it, but other than that, this is the only metal CD that I own (other than the Poison thing that I married into. . .and that doesn't count does it?). This is one of those albums that plays like a best of but isn't. Again, a CD that should be in EVERY collection.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Jesus H. Christ, Pyle!!! You actually listed ABBA on your blog!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger rachel said...

I've got Erasure's "Abba-esque" which is as close as I'll get to ABBA...

I do agree about Back in Black though.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I like a little Erasure myself. . . . and I'm heterosexual.

Go Figure!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Rachel,
Round Ireland with a Fridge?? Does that have the recipe for a Full Irish breakfast. MMMMMM, Rasher and Blood pudding with a side of beans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home