Monday, April 03, 2006

Welcome Zippy!










Welcome to the Bloggersphere Zippy! Actually Zippy has had a blog for some time, but recently has set up blog at Blogger. So, Welcome!

For those of you that stray by my Blog, please welcome my friend
  • Zippy
  • . . . . .I can call you my friend, right Zip!

    Modern day friendship. About two years ago (2 years sound about right?), I found a streaming radiostation called Dayglo Radio. It was awesome (no disrespect to radiognome and radiohidebound). There was a chat bar on the side and members got to cyber meet each other. I developed a lot of acquantances on the site and a few friends. At the top of the list is Zippychik. Without ever actually meeting, we have been in touch ever since. There were plans that didn't pan out recently to meet another Daygloer in NYC, but someday we will meet. Despite the fact that her husband looks like Corzine, we have been in touch via different sites and through the mail. . . .yes, it's not just for bills!

    To give you an idea of the type of people that I have met this way, I had to go on travel for work (because it beats actually working) to San Diego. San Diego just happens to be were the former Dayglo Radio was stationed. . . .heh heh stationed! On of my other friends, Her Glo-ness herself, Di, set up a meet and about a dozen people showed up. Di, treated me like a celeb while I was out there.

    Like, my trip to the land of Di, when I finally get to Zippyland, I will bring scrapple up there too. Prepare, Zippy! Your tastebuds will dance with joy (which distracts everyone from the internal tract revolt).

    Now that Dayglo is gone, thanks to that evil S O B at Nigel Radio, Zippy and I have met up again at radiohidebound (and why isn't everyone listening to that I gotta wonder). Being a Government Worker, I will eventually have to go to Washington and I'll be looking to meet the Gnome, too.

    12 Comments:

    At 2:57 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

    Welcome to the party, Zippy!

     
    At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no disrespect taken mate. Thanks for the backstory 'bout you and the zipster.

    Lookin' forward to when you'll grace the so-called Capitol of the so-called free world (and maybe drop by for a jam session with the band?)

    And, as always, thanks for the props!

     
    At 4:56 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

    Awwwww. Thanks, Dlok the feeling is mutual. This is the first time anyone wrote a blog entry in my honor. I just don't know what to say except, "I'm listening to 'Space Jungle' on radiohidebound right now."

     
    At 5:05 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

    Which reminds me, we gotta get on that gnome about Castle in Spain. . . .damn legal copies. . . .

     
    At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    we talking Armoury Show or somebody else? If Armoury Show (see, it would help to actually tell me these things - I don't know EVERYTHING {grin}), I just popped "Waiting For The Floods" into the ole virtual shopping basket.

    Second time mentioned Zippy. I'm feeling a little hurt here.

     
    At 8:21 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

    Sorry RG, To give you an idea, Castles In Spain puts the requests for "the Revolution" and Space Jungle to shame.
    There WILL be a new champion. . . and it won't be that "Dog's Penis" song.

    If you don't understand the above conversation, just pop on over to hidebound. . . .there's a link. . .

     
    At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I STILL HAVE NO IDEA what song you guys are talking about . . .

     
    At 8:46 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

    Jet Silver On A Dog's Penis.

    They play it enough (spelled T-O-O M-U-C-H on your radio site.

     
    At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, no, no. The Castles in Spain song. I don't know what THAT song is. Not quite fair to "get on me" about a song I don't even know about, dontcha think?

    And the last time I checked, some Bangles song and something from the Bongos get played just about as much (if not more) as the penis song. Not to mention those Peatbog Faeries.

    {big grin}

     
    At 8:31 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

    I just assumed that you knew when you said that you popped "Waiting for the Flood" in the virtual shopping basket.

    That is, indeed, the album for Armoury Shows "Castles In Spain"!

     
    At 10:21 AM, Blogger Token Asian said...

    Yay!!!! Zippy's a blogger (and sorry I have been such a loser and not keeping up with news). Deadlines are finally behind me for a while, so I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted!

    I know some blogs have their own shoutboxes, but it was kind of a blessing in disguise to be forcefully weened off shouting, so I don't think I will be adding one to my account any time soon. Hope to see you guys in the Olive Pit!!!!! MUWAH Token Asian aka 80s Girl

     
    At 9:04 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

    Now stop this love-fest and get to posting!!!

    Slacker.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home