Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time Flies!!



For those out there that grace my Blog with their optic presence, I apologize for the lack of postings. In a weird dichotomy of Being very busy and not having anything to type that I feel would be of interest. . . .There's a Joseph Heller novel there somewhere.

Anyway, a lot has been happening and, for a change, there seems to be a lot on the docket. Let's see . . . .

The 12th was not only the day after the Pogues, it was the Philadelphia Irish Parade. I mentioned briefly. What I didn't mention was that my wife's dance troop, the Crossroads Irish Dancers, won an award at the parade. . . .there first ever at the parade. Although the troop danced well and had a great routine that had the crowd cheering, I had to point out to them that the first award was won the only time that I was volunteered to carry the banner for the troop. I don't think they realize the subtle nuances of banner carrying that get the judges pumped. So, CONGRATULATIONS to them for a job well done. . . .and the few minutes of air time they received. DVDs available.

Monday, I was witness to a sign that God exists. I was too busy to practice the piano last week. As I trudged over to the lesson, I was not inspired. When I got there, the teacher's car had broken down and I was credited $21.25 for a lesson that would have been a waste. . . . .CHING!
Thanks for the gumball, Popeye!.
After all the Shane activity of the 11th, a quiet Saint Patrick's Day was in order. The wife's troop was performing a show at some school. My daughter spent the night at her friends. So, a little Avengers DVD and my son goes to bed. Once alone, I snuggled up to a nice Guinness and Harp blend and popped in THE QUIET MAN on the 52". Of course, once my wife came home it was more like THE MAN. . . .The quiet mysteriously vanashed. If I could have just squeezed in GANGS OF NEW YORK for the double feature, I would have been set.

More on the next post!