Sunday, March 05, 2006

Quick Post - These Are A Few Of My Least Favorite Things!!


The Flyer's played the New York Islanders last night. Although the Flyers lost yet again (as I scrounge to get money together for the playoffs), that is not what bothered me the most.

If anyone watched the game, did you notice that there were a few advertisements on the boards that were either lighted or reflective. Further, they were the type of billboard that rotates the advertizement.

If this distracted the players even 10% as much as it distrated me, I don't see how they could concentrate on the game. It was awful.

I pray that this does not become a trend. It was refreshing to see the white boards (sans advertisements during the Olympics. I've gotten used to the ads on along the boards, but flashing lights? Sure, use them to distract and blind the drunk guy driving next to me, but don't mess with the hockey game.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I still remember watching the older Flyers games (when they were good in the 80's) and seeing plain white boards. I'll succumb to the ads, but I agree - this is ridiculous.

P.S. Robert Esche stinks!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd,
I hope I don't see that in the MLB stadiums this year! Only 3 more weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home