Thursday, March 09, 2006

See it! Believe it!



I was at the Flyer's game last night. On the whole the Flyer's play was lackluster at best. However, the last few minutes was worth the price of admission. . . .That and Grimjack bought beer.

Excitement abounds as the Flyers killed off a 5 on 3 with a third guy in the box. Scoring with 0.6 seconds left in the game to send it to overtime set everyone on the edge of their seat. Overtime was fast and furious (not Too Fast and Too Furious because nobody scored). Then it happened. I been to half the games this year (give or take). Last night was my first shoot out in person. Everyone was standing! It was the most excitement that I've seen at a game since the 20 minute gutter brawl against Ottawa two years ago.

Anyone that thinks the shoot out rule this year was a bad idea has to go to a game and see it live. I've seen a few on the television and they are great, but nothing compares to seeing it live.