Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Night - Electric Boogaloo



OSCAR or OSCAR??






As I stated in a previous post, The Aristocrats got robbed by not being nominated for best editing. It turned a bunch of humorous clips into the funniest movie that I've ever seen.

Basically, the Oscars are ridiculous. It's Hollywood celebrating Hollywood. It's not a night for the common man, but they allow us to watch. And if you are female or a married male, you tend to watch some of it. As I went to bed, I watched the last hour because it was on and I need complete dark and quiet to sleep.

My problem with this years awards? I absolutely hate when I get into a discussion with a bunch of racist people and they turn out to be right after I go and defend whoever is getting trashed. The Oscars are not the MTV Music Awards. I'm sure that there are lot of people spouting the "Ya see! That's why they should let those blacks . . . . .. " The acceptance speech by the Rap group was horrific. I hear the "I can't believe that that Pimpin' song won an Oscar." already. Do they have to prove everyone right by dropping the F-bomb twice at the Oscars. SHOW SOME CLASS!

Sure, they came barely dress in their street clothes and I'm fine with that. It's no worse than the guy who wore jean with his tuxedo. That is the "artsy" side of Hollywood. But the fact that soemone can't give a 45 second speech without having to get bleeped out is deplorable. They might as well have just showed a clip from the Aristocrats. Nothing gets the crowd going like a good old fashion rape joke and incestuous sodomy references.

Is this what we've come to???

5 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Yeah, what the f**k is up with that??? I heard that it was the second-lowest rated show of all time. Justice prevails.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Now the Academy will have to start Pimpin'. And As established, it ain't easy.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Oh Sure Everyone's doing it now! Fuck! That felt good!

Anyway, I learned early on that there are places where that is tolerable, places where it is necessary and places that it is inappropriate.

Growing up, I never heard my Mom use that language. I don't even recall my Dad using that language. . .until I went to work for him. I work my Father's tire station in a really bad part of Philadelphia. He used the language, I used the language . . .while talking to my Dad (unheard of). It was a show of strength down there. However, on the drive home every night a change occurred and neither of us used that language at home.

My daughter watches the Oscars. I know she knows these words from school, but she knows that they are unacceptable in our house.

Now I not advicating the Oscars. . .it's tripe, to be sure. But that not the place for the behavior of "the Great Unwashed".

Neither is the Superbowl. There are too many families watching and the values of this country are in the fucking toilet as it is!

But that's another rant. . .

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

T-Bone had some groovy tunes on the soundtrack.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... dcr hc21 minidv boys peeing all over Gairaff penis http://www.panty-pissing.info/wetting-pee.html Neurontin interesting facts Shemale fuck a men

 

Post a Comment

<< Home