Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't Even Go There!


This came up again yesterday and it reminded me that I should have posted this long ago.

A friend of mine. . . . .okay a guy I work with. . . again wanted to stop after lunch for a cup of coffee. He knows that I won't support Starbucks, but brings it up from time to time.

So, here's the deal! I will not support Starbucks in any way. . .. Ever! The reason is the picture to the left. This is an add that came out right after 9/11. It was quickly pulled once they got caught. Let's go through it shall we. . . .

1. The grass blade represent the cityscape of New York.
2. The Coolatas represent, or course, the Twin Towers.
3. The dragonfly represents the plane flying into the towers. . . .in meand the Coolatas.
4. "Collapse" Into Cool. Not so subtle.
5. The butterflys, for those interested, represent the news media helicopters.

One or two things may be a stretch. But come on. They should have taken these Advertising execs and hung them from empire state building.

The fact that I work in an area devoted to aviation safety adds fuel to my fire. Watching all the planes as they were forced to land and hearing that we were a potential strike zone makes this little slap in the face something that I won't forget. Besides, Wawa coffee $1.25 - - -Starbucks - -$15.95. Bite Me Starbucks.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Agreed on all counts. The ad was despicable, and their overpriced, petouli-scented, liberal sludge isn't worth 25 cents.

End of rant.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I had never seen that ad. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea. I've stopped going to Starbucks basically because their coffee really sucks. I'll take Dunkin' Donuts coffee at half the price anyday. Please don't tell me anything bad about them.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

The only thing bad about Dunkin' Donuts coffee (other then that it ranks 2nd to Wawa coffee)is that the people that work there get upset if you ask for cream and sugar on the side. . . .which I do because they overdose you on both.

Now if they would just bring back those Scones they had last year. . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home