Monday, April 03, 2006

What’s Wrong With People? – Part 1


One Class To Go! That’s the kind of year it has been.

I am a religious education teacher. . . . . .Yeah, Me! For the last 5 years, I taught 5th grade students. Being one of the few MEN that teach, I got rooked this year into moving to the 8th grade. Coincidently, my daughter is in the 8th grade class. What a bunch of degenerate monsters. Did the art of parenting go out of vogue while I wasn’t looking??

There are several kids that are only there to be disruptive. When I hear about gun violence in schools, it amazes me that it isn’t the teachers. God bless them. I couldn’t do that. No wonder they need the summer off. When you mention that the kids have no interest in “the whole CCD thing”, the parents get all high and mighty. I have a student that told me that he never goes to church and the no one in his family goes either. “Why are you here?”

The kicker was last night. We were trying to coordinate a party for the last class. . . YEAH ! THE LAST CLASS! I was trying to get suggestions for a movie to bring in. I suggested Wallace and Gromit, Spirited Away, Corpse Bride, Howl’s Moving Castle something good that will be appropriate for a religious education class. A group a boys suggested one of the American Pie movies. . . .AMERICAN PIE!!! These kids are 13 years old. Is that what there parents want there kids to think is normal as they develop into their sexual years. I actually had a 5th grade student tell me that he got American Pie for Christmas. That’s 10 years old if you are counting. I thought that I was softening when I contemplated letting my daughter watch Gangs of New York for Saint Patrick’s Day . . . .but didn’t!

As it turned out, we are picking the movie. So I’m going to surprise them with the Aristocrats!!

At least this gave me another reason to use a picture of Ms Hannigan.

10 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

The Aristocrats viewing would be awesome! I'm in!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Yeah, you haven't lived until you have to explain a "Strawberry Shortcake" to a 13 year old.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger bob said...

Where do you teach, d?

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

In South Jersey! Which doesn't make me NOT a Philly boy.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Wow! American pie at 10 years old!! Let alone 13?! I don't think so!! Then the parents wonder why the kids misbehave later in life!!! DUH!

Aristocrats ROCKS!!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parenting is not easy and, unfortunately, too many parents want to be "friends" with their kids! Why do they take kids to see R rated movies? I think they're too lazy to get a baby-sitter--they just don't care. Chances are, the kid that got AP asked for it and his parents got it without knowing what it was about. As a parent, you have to be on your toes!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Amen Linda Amen!

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, could you get Wyatt to say those very words?!! HA

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

His demonic mouth begins to sizzle if his speeaks certain words.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... 99 land rover discovery spec cheap merchant account

 

Post a Comment

<< Home