Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's Only Fair!

As I blog a bit, I 've been noticing that I have more to say as a reply to other blogs (namely Wyatt's) than I do with my own personal blog. I need psychiatric help, I believe.

Anyway, In a reply to one of Wyatt's posts on Terrorists and the president's surveillance, I had something to say. . . .so I though that I would do a quick post here.

Keep in mind that I am not very political and I believe that the general public has no idea what is really going on. Unfortunately, most people believe that they know what is going on, but that's what stimulates the economy . . . .a expert puppeteer. But I digress. . .

My issue, is the country's obsession with Security. When 911 happened, the US made the Department of Homeland Security. This is truthful and misleading at the same time. What is the job of DHS. . . other than to fund part of my salary. It is to make the United States people feel more secure. Conversely, there is a Department of Public Safety, whose job it is to keep the Public Safe.

DHS, although they try to keep tabs of terroristic activity, doesn't even infer that they are keeping the public safer, they are making everyone feel more secure.

Let's use the show 24 as an example. If there is a threat of a nerve toxin about to be released in the country, the Government has two jobs:

1. Try to stop the attack from happening.
2. Make sure that the people of this country feel secure that they are safe. . .whether they are or not.

Terrorist's are trying to damage our country by destroying both. An attack is an immediate problem (9-11). A bigger problem is if the country no longer feel secure (for the most part the effects of 9-11 were temporary in this regard {in my opinion}).

So, when you hear the TV talking about Security, think to yourself. . . .Am I Safer?

Maybe I should just go back to album reviews.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Perceptions are NOT reality in this country.

And, yes, I do agree that most people have already forgotten 9/11.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger zippychik said...

Well, there is nothing wrong with needing psychiatric help. Excuse me, I'm running late for my appointment with my therapist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home