Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Grim Top 5!

Okay, now it’s time to have a go at Grimjack. After reading the latest Grimoire on his blog, I’ll bet you are wondering what are the things that Grimjack hates. And now. . .the top 5.

5. Verizon – As you may know from his blog, Grim has had no end of trouble with his cell phone. He has abused and berated Verizon employees on a regular basis . . .hey! everyone needs a hobby. . .to no avail. It should be noted that Grimjack will not answer his cel if he is inside his house. That’s what house phones are for.

4. The NJ Devils/NY Rangers – The two archenemies of the Philadelphia Flyers. Sure Buffalo knocked us out of the playoffs this year, but nothing is more hated by a Flyer’s fan than the New Jersey Devils and (for the old school hockey fan) the New York Rangers. Of course Grim is the only person that I know that can go to a Rangers game at the Garden in their Flyers finery, be abusive and get invited to go drinking with the enemy.


3. Pink Tee – As far as I know Grimjack still has the pink tee. The pink tee rule was instituted a few years ago while golfing. If one of the foursome did not reach the women’s tee box, they had to wear the pink tee in their ear until someone else flubbed a shot. Sure, I stink at golf (not that I haven’t won money from Badger, Wyatt, Vinnie and the group). However, as I made the pink tee my very own for most of the round, the tee passed to Grimjack on the 17th hole and we haven’t seen it since. I should, however, be brought to the Heritage Weekend.
2. Irish Pubs That Serve Only Murphy’s Stout – Sure, Murphy’s Stout is a good beer. (It’s no World Café Milk Stout, eh Wyatt?). But nothing (well almost nothing. . .we still have number 1 coming) irritates Grimjack more than going to an “Irish Pub” and ordering a Guinness only to find out that they don’t carry it. A lot of pubs either carry Murphy’s OR Guinness. This is unacceptable to Grimjack. . . .and I can’t say I disagree. In my mind, I picture a bartender apologizing for the lack of Guinness and thinking “this guy reminds me of the guy that was yelling at me when I was working at Verizon today.”
1. 80s Music – Grimjack loves music. Grimjack and I have seen many many many concerts (although his attendance does dwarf mine). Grimjack does not like (spelled L-O-A-T-H-E-S) New Wave Music (the best music there is). He hates even more when it is referred to as 80s music. He likes 80s music like Yes and Peter Gabriel and the Firm (sorry ‘bout that!. . . but that’s a story for another time.) Grim and I differ on musical tastes but have a decent cross section. We have seen the Furs, King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, and more bands than I can name. We developed a system of trade off concerts years ago. He would go to concerts that I picked and I would go to concerts that he picked. It was a great experience. I got to experience the Grateful Dead twice (once pre-drug crackdown – one post. . . guess which was better)and Joe Satriani. I dragged him to see Elvis Costello. Not the Thompson Twin and Berlin though. We had tickets for Missing Persons but Dale Bozzio got sick and cancelled. Oddly enough, Grimjack has seen the Flock of Seagulls (they opened for someone), me . . . .not so much! Again sorry about the Firm.

7 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

1. No idea what you are talking about.

2. You're a pain in the "s"

3. My secretary is out today.

4. Did I get them all?

5. For that, I'm going to double shot Doll Revolution. Break time is over.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

You forgot- you dragged me to see Madness. I had to punch a slam dancer. Elvis was great. Madness..not so much. And Howard Jones was kinda cool.

Verizon- my phone can take pictures, text message, download ring tones from people I never heard of, and track the fuckin space shuttle. I'd just like it to make phone calls. Obviously, I'm asking too much.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

GRIMJACK???!!!!! I thought he had fallen off the face of the earth! That guy kills me. I can't believe you didn't tell me he had a blog BEFORE NOW. Silly me, I thought we were friends.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Milk Stout? Nasty, nasty stuff.

Heh. Pink tee. Better bring it to HHGR, Jack!

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the Firm at the Spectrum. A date...I was too (well....it was the 80's) influenced by a non-booze substance to stay awake (snooze boring concert...let's just say Iron Maiden and Twisted Sister was my first concert). Everytime Jimmy Page wanged his guitar the crowd went crazy like he was God...I would have just liked to stand up and walk, but...well...it was really good stuff.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

I think I shoved the pink tee up the wee man's ass that night. Still, it was a better tradition then having to play the next hole with your bird out. For one thing, you can see the pink tee.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Token Asian said...

Just for you and Grim...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSzSX-Ev0do&search=verizon%20spoof

My phone is still just a phone (no camera, no e-mail, etc.)--keeps the bill low! ;D

Of course Howard Jones is cool--we share a birthday!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home