Monday, May 01, 2006

Spider-Man Returns . . . Reportedly!


In one of my earlier posts, I wrote about the horrific new Spider-Man armor. Well, I guess it was time to come clean. J. Michael Straczynski, the man behind Babylon 5, was intereviewed in the latest issue of Wizard Magazine (a copy fanzine book for those who are not comic savvy. . . .geeks). Anyway, in the interview he mentioned how he tried certain things (armor, the long lost son and daughter of Gwen Stacy and whether or not they were Peter's or Norman "Green Goblin" Osborne's kids. He basically admitted that his stuff was crap. Now granted he writes on of my favorite books "Squadron Supreme", but if the past couple of years worth of Spider-Man is admittedly crap do I:
a) Receive a refund
b) Wait for the Class Action Suit letter

Fortunately, the new writer coming on the book seems to have a better feel for the character. Only time will tell.

Reportedly, as I don't want to get my hopes up, the new writer is an old school fan and will bring in the Lizard, Mysterio, the Rhino, Green Goblin, etc. That's the book I want to read. If I see Spider-Man fighting some mystical creature or helping some kids from the brownstones one more time, I'll spit.

I'm JMS and I ruined Spider-Man!!

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything JMS touches turns to crap... but with Spider-Man, putting out crap every few years is pretty much the norm...need I remind you of the Clone Saga? Never has a crappier story line existed...except for the "Gwen Stacy Kids" line, and that was a doozy.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

For Spidey sure, but don't forget the 3 year run of FF which included The Torch, Thing, Crystal and She-Thing)

I just gagged a little remembering that!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

He actually LOOKS like The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons!

If the new guy starts poppin' out Mysterio stories, I'm in!!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

BWAAHAHAAAAAA!!!! I totally agree with Wyatt. JMS really does look like the Comic Book Guy form The Simpsons or Homer with a beard!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Another JMS look alike siting. He guy behind me in teh check out line at the supermarket this evening looks just like JMS.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Was he ruining something that we all know and love?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home