Tuesday, May 23, 2006

THE MAN! An Apology!!

I was reminded this weekend of something that I forgot to do. . . . So I'll do it here!

I had a cassette of music that I recorded back in college. The cassette is a live concert from my college friend Chris "Chrispy" Pesca. The quality of the recording is horrible. The show was great. Chrispy played a lot of Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, Chicago's slow stuff as well as some original songs. His most popular song was a song called "Penis Envy" which was very funny and if you can forgive the recording quality, I'll send it anyone that wants to here it.

I gave this cassette to Grimjack as while back because Grimjack is the master of putting cassettes onto CDs. I received it about a week or so ago and never mentioned it. Sorry Grim! It's great AND it it served its purpose.

The purpose you say!!

Storytime! The other important song on there is a song that I had written for someone. When I was a teenager, I dated this girl. When she broke up with me, I spent an uncomfortable amount of time trying to "win her back". When she had a baby, I was still swinging by to "see the family". This was a time before stalking became fashionable. Anyway, in a drunken collegiate state on night in the dorms, I told this story to Chrispy and I told him that if he could write a song for her, I could give it to her and "who couldn't resist that". My philosophy was that if that didn't win her back, nothing would . . . . .and I was right.

Flashforward to about a year or so ago. I got back in touch with her. And we've been friends ever since (with my wife's permission). I got the CD track of "Her Song" and sent it to her daughter (who is 18 now). I told her the story and she thinks we are the two weirdest people on earth. "why would you two still be friends?" Ahh, kids!

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

The things we do for love. As the song goes "the more you suffer, the more you show you really care".

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The daughter most likely said, ewwwww!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Grimjack rules!!!!! (But then you knew that.) You gotta get him registered in the Vault! And yes, please shoot me a copy of "Penis Envy." I could use a new theme song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home