Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I Forgot!!

I was sitting her today listening to my MP3 player and a file come up with the ENTIRE album of Styx's Pieces of Eight (who put THAT in there).

As I was listening to it, not only did I realize that it is a really good album ,but it occurred to me that the art of listening to an album is lost. It's a shame. Hearing songs is one thing, but I forgot how much I missed listening to albums that were made to be listened to in their entirety. Popping on the old big bulky headphones and letting the music take you away.

My Top 5 albums that should be listened to in this fashion (from my collection)

5. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasure Dome
4. Styx - Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight
3. Roxy Music - Avalon. . . and Flesh and Blood
2. The Cars Debut Album. . . .and Candy-O
1. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall (Okay Okay! Welcome to the Machine and Animals too)

This, of course, doesn't count the various Windham Hill music and various other instrumental music.

3 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Operation Mind Crime Queensryche

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Led Zeppelin – Their self titled first album (original order not the CD’s order)

Soundgarden - Superunkown

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Zeppelin? I think IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR falls into that category too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home