Friday, March 14, 2008

Pop Goes The Wedding


LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every man wants to get right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.

The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.

But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.

"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.

"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."

Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.

"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.

"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.

(Reporting by Peter Apps. Editing by Steve Addison)

(HT: Yahoo News)

Now THAT'S funny. Word of advise Chap. Based on her reaction, call it a $12,000 wake up call and move on. Nice Sympathy. . . .Bitch!

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I think I would have cried, but out of feeling his pain. That's so sad, poor guy.

I can't believe she reacted in such a spoiled manner; however, a $12,000 ring sounds like someone who is spoiled gets.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few points:

1. My ex's name was Leahann and she probably would have done the same.

2. Does your cop friend, like myself, find it odd that an immigrant "floor-fitter" could afford a $12,000 ring?

3. I agree with you: He should drop her like a cupful of AIDs.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Aaaaawwww!!! Now I got the AIDS!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger grimjack said...

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.

No. It would be amazing if someone found it and returned it to him.

Word of advice if he sticks with her: QVC sells really nice Cubic Zirconia. It is more then she deserves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home