Friday, November 16, 2007

Pampered Puppy!


What a Week!! Last weekend I thought the time had come. Kirk, my dog, is 11 1/2 and I thought last week was going to be time for the BIG SLEEP. Very Sad!

Kirk, who never defiles the house . . .unless you count getting into the trash occasionally. . ., started wizzing about every minute or so. His facial expression was saying "Is that me peein'?" We would let him out. . . he would come in and "Hello Trickle". So obviously, he kidneys are shutting down. Let's see diabetes. . .hip going out (which has caused him to fall down the stairs a few times) . . .pre-cateract condition. . . .old man bumps on his body. . . .Yeah! It's time to look for the scythe.

Well my lack of medical knowledge is revealed when he turns out to have a bladder infection. 3-5 days of antibiotics and . . .good as n . . . . .well better.

This required:
A. A vet visit . . and by bet visit, I mean money
B. Drugs. . .see above
C. Diapers. . .Yes, Diapers. You think the dogs with the cone on their head feel stupid. I swear, the dog looks mortified.(Click on picture to see tongue sticking out)

Well, he is better and today was "You've been wearing a diaper all week and want to get on the furniture? You need a good bath" day.


Aaaahhh!! As soon as I dry, I'll be back on the bed!!!

6 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless his heart! I'm glad you looked for an answer before making drastic plans! Give him a scratch behind his ear for me.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

He pees all the time and hardly knows it when it's happening? He's become The Badger!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

Aww, poor Kirk. Glad to hear he is on the mend!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

What sweet looking dog. I'm glad it wasn't "time." :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Glad he is doing better. I have 2 Dals myself. A brother and sister that are 12 now. Except for one being deaf and the other going blind they are like happy little puppies. I may have to post a picture of them one day. Unlike yours, mine were raised outside and are very content to stay that way.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the Kirkster doing? Give him alittle turkey--but no pie! ;)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home