Friday, May 02, 2008

2 Men Getting Good Reviews

Wednesday night Mrs Deathlok and I went to see the Flyers defeat Montreal 4-2 in game 4 of the series. At the game, there was a fan who had a sign that had a picture of Iron Man on it with a big B in front of it. Biron Man! Appropriate. Marty is playing VERY well and I am looking forward to watching Game 5 here at the Casa de Self tomorrow night.


Last night, the family went to see an early showing of IRON MAN. What a great movie. There is SO much that you can do with this character and the movie lays the ground work for some of it. Go! And when you go, do yourself a favor and sit through the credits. . .it is well worth it. Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark. He's a very good actor. Despite the die job, Gwyneth Paltrow was a very good redhead. Even Jeff Bridges, who I always thought was a little tetched, puts on a good performance. I highly recommend this movie. It has the action and the drama and it still carries a sense of humor with it that makes it the complete package.


STOP!

Not Spoilers, but things to look for:
1. When Iron Man is loading up his armor with software, one of the things uploaded is the schematics for the Blackbird, the plane from the X-Men.
2. There is a glimpse of Rhodey's WAR MACHINE armor that will be in the next movie.
3. The post credit clip shows a definite trend in the franchise. It is rumored that Downey makes an appearance in the INCREDIBLE HULK.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

You saw it already? I frakkin' hate you.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I saw it today after school and I L-O-V-E-D it! I especially love Robert Downey, Jr., and he did not disappoint me.

Gwyneth should have had redder hair. The muted red wasn't very becoming.

You know the part at the beginning...in the fun-vee? Yeah, I was picking up my soda at the time...let's just say I jumped and the lid to my soda flew off; luckily, no soda went flying (since it was mostly ice in the first place).

I think I'll go see it again. I didn't stay for the credits. I was freezing. It also took me forever to figure that Obadiah was Jeff Bridges. I kept thinking, "I know who this guy is, but I can't place him."

You know why your wife "tolerates" you (to quote you)? Because you take her to hockey games!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home