Monday, April 28, 2008

It's In The Works!



According to IMDB, Internet Movie Database (see sidebar for link to IMDB):

Mexican director Guillermo Del Toro has agreed to spend the next four years in New Zealand, where he will work with Peter Jackson, who is producing the two-part The Hobbit prequels to Lord of the Rings. In a statement released by New Line Cinema, Del Toro, who was nominated for a best original screenplay Oscar last year for Pan's Labyrinth, which he also directed, said that he felt "blessed" to have been chosen to direct the two films. "Contributing to the Lord of the Rings' legacy is an absolute dream come true," he said.


GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

Having Jackson back on the project is a great relief. Without him, the franchise was doomed. And not "DOOMED!", with an implied wink (inside Frisky Dingo joke). HAve Del Toro on the team is a beautiful move. If you haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth, go (right now) and see it.

Although, I have to back burner my exitement until after IRON MAN this Friday, I will be preparing the camping gear for when the HOBBIT hits theaters.

More Movie Watch Titles:

WATCHMEN
SIN CITY 2
DARK KNIGHT

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Del Toro did a few of the Blade movies as well. he'll be respectful with The Hobbit.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger gregor said...

sorry to say that the two movies will not be a two-part adaptation of The Hobbit... he's going to cram the entire book into the first movie and the second one will be entirely contrived, filling in the gap between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring. I don't want to watch a two hour movie about Bilbo sitting around drinking beer and eating cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home