Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I was saying Boo-Meme!

And I always liked JT and his sense of humor. . . .until now. I've been tagged with the dreaded meme. The criteria for this particular one is as follows:

1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. check.
2. I think I did something like this before but can't find the energy to go back and see which tidbits of Deathlok insight I may have previously bequeathed up my reader.

I. Since RT and JT both talked about their cars, that seems like a good place to start. My first car was a 1970 Ford Maverick (with a '71 grill attached). It had a loose steering box and would stall out if you didn't put it in neutral when you stopped. I had to have a portable radio in it, because the two radios that I installed shorted out. Her name was Christine. Best car ever.

II. When I 16, my brother Mark bet me $100 that I would smoke before I turned 21 years old. (Everyone in my family has or does smoke). I put that $100 towards the purchase of the Maverick.

III. I have not (and will never) see Saturday Night Fever or GREASE.

IV. When I was a kid, the inside of my bedroom door was covered in stickers. COVERED! I had Wacky Package stickers and any other sticker that I could collect. I soon got into a hobby of calling and mailing companies and asking if they could send me company stickers! The one’s that I remember distinctly were a big orange “flower power” sticker with the Esso (now Exxon) tiger in the center and Matt Slapp (a local car dealer) sticker.

I would love to still have that door.

V. Wyatt's Meme mentioned that he is a movie knowledge guru. Although I am pretty good, I am more of a cartoon guru. Especially cartoon and shows from the 60s and early 70s. I even own bootleg copies of Liddsville and Lancelot Link Secret Chimp.

VI. Technically, I am a Federal Agent. I am an agent of the Federal Government, thus. . . .

VII. Weird Fact: My Wife Tolerates Me. . . .So Far!

3. I won't tag 7 people. I will go and tag:
  • Whiskey & Ashes

  • Dorkelina

  • Death Chic


  • 4. Done

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice. I would rather be a cartoon guru than a movie guru. Anybody can make a movie, but it takes something special to make a cartoon. I mean, you don't even have to know how to draw to make a movie...

     
    At 8:09 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

    She Knows Me! She Knows Me!

     
    At 6:31 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

    Roman numerals? You must work for the gubberment...using archaic methods of counting and shiz.

    I'm a bit obnoxious today, eh?

    Maybe you can introduce your son to a similar collection for his door. Doors can always be replaced.

     
    At 11:27 AM, Blogger zippychik said...

    Thanks for not tagging me. I appreciate it, but I really should start blogging again.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home