Monday, December 03, 2007

Rumble in . . . God Knows Where. . . . .

A blogging staple on Wyatt’s site show tales of glory and woe in the form of his hockey team . . .Tony’s Place. Last night, I made the long trek from Casa del Deathlok to view this sporting extravaganza.

I left the house at 6:15. . . plenty of time for the 7:00 face-off. . . . .or so I thought. This place was in the middle of nowhere. Around 7:30, I noticed that the cars around me all had snow on them. How far North did I travel??? Well, I was a little surprised not to see my friend Ant at the game, for surely I was in Canada.

Once there, I entered to find two ice rinks. As I entered the first one, I noticed a lack of activity, although there were people on the player’s bench and player’s standing around doing nothing. It must be a practice or something. Then I noticed that all action had not stopped. The action was on the ice with two players punch the shit out of each other. I crossed the hall and joined the other game (already in progress). With the crisp new uniforms and the neatly arranged names on the jerseys, I knew that I was in the wrong place. So, I thought . . .skilled, well uniformed game. . . . .goon hockey. . . . Okay, why did I not know that I had the right game the first time. My only excuse is that I was looking for the “Coach”, Wyatt. He was in the stands with Badgett. I got back in to see Vinnie through out of the game for taking a beating. Blood a plenty. He soon joined us on the bench.

The score was tied at 1-1. The opposing fans were bitching and moaning about the play and the ref and the cafeteria selection, etc. Then the floodgates opened. Soon any shot that was a shot . . .and some that weren’t were falling into the opposing net. If I were coaching, I would have considered replacing the goalie with a parking cone.
After a 10-1 drubbing, Tony’s Place skated off with a decisive win, while Blue Dog. . . . .well they Blew Dog!

Vinnie faired little better at the dome hockey table and split a 1 & 1 deadlock. Fortunately, he did not get thrown out of that game.

They are back in action tonight. Good Luck Guys! Don’t forget your elbow pads.

5 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Back to back games? Will paramedics be there to keep an eye on things?

Just how do you know something "blows dog"?

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

If you saw it you would know.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

We won last night, too. 6-3. We've now won six in a row, and our record is 8-2 overall.

See how much better they play without me?

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we have pretty new uniforms too. The black and grey jerseys go very well with my blue pants and black and orange gloves and pads. With all those colors, I look like a sticker on a homosexual's car.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

HA! That's how I found out my cousin was gay! I read all the stickers on the back of the car he was driving at the time.

OMGOSH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home