Saturday, February 25, 2006

80s Band Forgotten #1


What to Blog about?!

After listening to the now defunct DaygloRadio, the best thing to ever happen to internet radio(tear wells up), Radiohidebound excluded, I have become acquainted with a lot of 80s bands that I never heard of (or heard very little about). I have procured more 80s music of late than I have modern day music. Viva La 80s!!!

So, with a nod of thanks to both DGR and radiohidebound, I will periodically write a review of "new" 80s bands that should be given a listen.

First up! China Crisis!

Now, Zippychik and I disagree on which is their best song. Although I have become very fond of Zippy's "Arizona Sky", I still hold that "King In A Catholic Style" is their best song. I've since looked into other songs of theirs and "Black Man Ray" has become an addition to my CD Mixes for my car.

So, 80s fans! Our first contestant is China Crisis! Look into this band and realize that, truly, the 80s rule.

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

DayGlo is no more?! FRAK!!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

for a sample of China Crisis' "Working With Fire And Steel" (there "hit") and Black Man Ray as well as several others, pop by radiohidebound.com (or click the Temerity quick link) and request a China Crisis song. You'll be glad you did.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

How am I supposed to crush the Dolls of Venus when I have to divide my requests over all the great selections on hidebound. BLAST!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Arizona Sky" is now on hidebound???!!!! Marry me, kah, marry me!!! Oh wait a minute, I'm already married. My bad. I'll request "Arizona Sky" anyway. Thanks, kah.

China Crisis rules!!! The title track from that EP "Working with Fire & Steel" is a tremendously good son, too!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info wheelchair back Buy generic tenuate cod wheelchairs puppies Pressure washers best buys http://www.cheap-phone-calls-0.info/Fiat-doblo-malibu.html husqvarna model iz4821kaa zero turn mower mcse online course recent accounting scandals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home