Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Dander's Up!


Sunday Night, I went to my brother's house for dinner. They have a dog . . .and a cat. Unfortunately, the dog hasn't been trained to eat the cat. My wife and I are very allergic to cats. Surprisingly, some cats effect us more than others.

It's now Tuesday and I still feel like crap. I have what I termed a "cat hangover". I feel like I coming down with something, but it started with the cat and I can't shake it. My wife feels equally off. So, now to combat this, I must divorce myself from this plane of existence and take a Benadryl or something that makes you feel like. . . . . .. did you ever see ALTERED STATES?. . . .. like that!

Last year, I had to go on travel for work. On my way to San Diego. . .a fairly lengthy flight from Philadelphia International, the guy across the aisle has a cat under his seat. By the end of the flight, my sinuses were shot. Who decided that having an animal with the passagers was a good idea. If I brought my 95lb Dalmation on the plane, they would probably have a problem with that.

As much as I appreciate the No Smoking laws, personally I believe my health is more adversely effected by a cat. Fortunately, most bars seem to have a no cat policy.

Until Clinque develops a cat (do I need to explain that?), keep them home and don't be upset if people can't come to your house. . . . .Hmmmm, maybe that's it! Maybe there using the cat like Wolfsbane.

4 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dlok,
Man can I relate. I almost had to be taken to the emergency room a,a few Thanksgivings ago. My in-laws got a cat. I knew I couldn't deal with it but went anyway for hubby's sake. REAL BAD MOVE. Recently though, I've found while I was taking Loratadine (Claratin) for my hay fever I was able to visit friends who had cats for a few hours without any adverse effects. Don't know if it would work for you but it's worth a try.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Cats? I mean, what's the point??

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Thanks Zip,
I'm not a real big pill taking kinda guy.

We actually had a cat while I was growing up and I ran the gammet of Allerest, Drixoral, Meth-Amphetamines. . . . Benedryl helps because although it doesn't do anything for the reaction, it knocks you unconscious for the 4 hours listed on the dosage.

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home