Thursday, February 09, 2006

Comics: Ultimate vs. Traditional Storyline

The topic of discussion (and by discussion I mean "my personal rant") is Marvels Ultimate Line vs their traditional line of comics.

I've come up with a quote that I think sums up the Ultimate Universe. "The Ultimate Universe is a bad idea done extremely well." The idea of the Ultimate Universe is horrible. It undermines everything that the long time collect (Moi!) and tosses continuity in the garbage. "It's good for the new kids just starting out today." No little kids are collecting comics today. I would estimate that there are very few kids under the age of 12 reading comics today.

How can you expect anyone to have a grasp of or a love for a character when every character has two and three versions. Nick Fury = Black Guy or White Guy. Colossus = In love with Kitty Pryde or Northstar. I doesn't make any sense.

On the other hand the stories are GREAT! the art varies, but is generally very good. The Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the best books on the market and the best Spider-Man book hands down.

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you bad-mouth Colossus for loving two hot babes!!!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Pssst! Northstar is a guy!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Ya know, one post a day won't kill ya. (Insert Napoleon Dynamite voice) Gawd!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I know! I Know! I'm new at this!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

For the record, I had three posts today. Rookie. heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home