Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday is Comic Book Day. Every Wednesday, I will try and post something about the the books procured on Comic Book Day. This, of course, means that new comics come out every Wednesday.

Today we picked up:
The Sensational Spider-Man - New Writer/Artist team, so we'll see if they can salvage the downward spiral that has become the Spider-Man franchise. How can a guy write a GREAT book like SUPREME POWER and trash Spider-Man at the same time.

Ultimate X-Men - One of the two good X-Men books of late (Astonishing X-Men being the other).

Punisher-Bloody Valentine One Shot - Art by Paul Gulacy. If there is Paul Gulacy, there is a sale. Hope the story holds up.

Son of M - A decent Limited Series about Quicksilver. Nothing to rave about, but solid work. . . .and limited.

4 - The Fantastic Four at their mediocre-est. This may fall under the "I gotta trim back" category.

Nightwing - Another possible trim book. They are going in a weird direction with this book and rumor has it that they are changing the identity of Nightwing. Nightwing is the original Robin (of Batman Fame) for those who are not "in the know".

Legends of the Dark Knight - #200!! An excuse to soak me for another buck. Bart Sears artwork makes the extra dollar worth it.

7 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Do ya like Archie comics? I'm a big fan of Jughead. Heh.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Nice!

Jughead was actually Boland's nickname. Loved the stuff!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger ZombieSilas said...

Argh. Spiderman.

Man, what haven't they done to destroy that title - or titles, depending on the mood the Marvel think-tank is in?

I used to love that book and then they killed it and took it back to # 0. Then they did away with that and started with the original # again. And then they brought Gwen Stacy's kids to life. And don't even get me started on the Clone story arc.

I do like the Marvel Knights run though. Good stories. No clones.

Regardless, I love Wednesday but my wallet and my don't really care for it that much.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Yes, Marvel has broken almost all of the cardinal rules of comics:
1. Bucky is dead.
2. Gwen Stacy is dead.
3. Peter Parker's parents are dead.
4. The X-man THUNDERBIRD is dead.
5. Uncle Ben is dead.

They brought his parents back, Gwen back and even (so I hear) brought Bucky back recently.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man looks good but when they hit you with 5-6 titles of the same character, you have to pick and choose.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger ZombieSilas said...

Yeah. I cut it down to two Spidey titles, the new Star Wars book, Green Lantern, Flash, JLA, Teen Titans, and the Marvel Zombies limited run.

5 Spidey books every month was too much of a headache to keep up with - considering the story lines rarely meshed.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Hey I habe some Flash books for you. I started getting the flash series when they restarted the series back in the late 80s. That lasted a couple of years.

If comics were still 25ยข, I would get Titans and JLA, but as you know, a line must be drawn.

How is that Zombie thing? Maybe I'll grab it when it hits trade.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger ZombieSilas said...

So far the Zombie story is pretty cool. It's neat to see the good guys eating the other good guys! HA.

I think it was a good decision to make it a limited run - the story just wouldn't be able to stand on its own for very long - but if you dig Zombies and dig seeing the good guys being not so good, it's worth the read.

I think DC is getting ready to shake up the Flash universe - kinda like they did with GL when they brough HAl back - so we will see if that title stays on my pull list.

But your right, when they start charging $3.00 a book - and they will - my list of titles will drop considerably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home