Tuesday, May 20, 2008

But Enough About Meme. . . . .

Tag! I'm It! RT hit me with her best Meme. (I must not have spent enough time talking to her at Wyatt's . . .Punished by the teacher)

So her it is:

"Books are scarce in the world. They are illegal in some provinces. They are not easily replaced, if not impossible to replace if lost in many if not most circumstances. If you can replace a book or buy one, it is usually through the black market at astronomical costs that you cannot afford. Yet you have been able to maintain one of the best collections in the world. If your entire library was about to burn up and you could only have one* book to take with you other than the Bible, what would that be and why?"

Simple Rules: Answer the question.
Offer one quote that resonates with you.
Tag five people whose response is of genuine interest to you and inform him or her that they have been tagged.
*and it cannot be an entire series of something, that’s cheating.

Truthfully, I would probably burn trying to decide.

Between the autographed Asimov book and the leatherbound collection. I mean, i can't even bring the Incarnations of Immortality with me (Although Asimov's foundation trilogy has a lot more books to it. . .)

Hmmm. . . .Lord of the Rings or Hitchhiker's Guide. (both of which I have in a complete leatherbound version, so it is ONE BOOK!) I would have to go with the Rings. I would go with the Hitchhiker's radio show over Lord of the Rings, but I will take THE TRILOGY over the HHGG books. (I might even try to pretend that Ringworld is part of the Lord of the Rings. . . .NAAAAHH!! Also, if I had to start quote the Guide, we would be here all day.

I don't have any "one liners" or quotes that jump out. It's just a great story and has and will always stand the test of time.

I will tag
Zippychik
Mrs. Grim
80s Girl
Exilian
Grimjack

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Yeah, I'm a real punisher, I am. ;P'''

However...you do know that assertions should be backed up with textual support, don't you?

I remember having a conversation with you.

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My book choice is:

Tao Teh Ching by Lao Tzu.

The quote:

"When the fool hears of the Tao he laughs."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home