Monday, May 12, 2008

Don't Go To England!

According to CBS2 and YahooNews:

Dennis Farina Arrested At LAX For Concealed Gun Cop, Turned Actor, Says He Is 'Embarrassed' Over His Own 'Stupidity'

LOS ANGELES (AP) ― Actor Dennis Farina has been arrested at Los Angeles International Airport after a loaded gun was found in his carryon luggage.

When the weapon was discovered at a security checkpoint around 8 a.m. Sunday, police say the 64-year-old actor told them that he'd forgotten the .22-caliber handgun was in his luggage. In a statement released Sunday evening, Farina said he was blaming his "own stupidity" for the situation and that he was "more embarrassed" than anyone.

Police Sgt. Dennis Beacham of the LAPD's Pacific Division says Farina was booked for investigation of carrying a concealed weapon, before police found out the weapon was unregistered.

Because the weapon was unregistered, the charge against Farina has been upgraded to a felony.

Bail was set at $35,000.

Through his publicist, Lori De Waal, a contrite Farina said "I apologize to anyone and everyone that I have caused any embarrassment or inconvenience to. It is my own stupidity to find myself in this embarrassing situation."

He added, "I don't put the blame on anyone else but myself. I want to apologize to my friends, family and business associates who I'll explain to privately later."

Farina also will do a little self flagellation concerning the matter. "I'll be spending the next few days kicking my own a--. No one is more embarrassed than myself."

Farina's latest film, the Ashton Kutcher-Cameron Diaz comedy "What Happens in Vegas," opened Friday.

Farina, a former Chicago cop, has starred in TV's "Law & Order" series and in such movies "Snatch" and "Get Shorty."

Assumedly, he wasn't going to London.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Where was the prop guy??? :-)

Idjits, idjits, and more idjits...
Most of the actors couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel without help. :-(

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

If you close your eyes, Farina sounds like Dennis Leary.

"Doug" is one of my favorite Eastenders characters! Frank Butcher! (Now deceased...sadly.)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

That may be the funniest scene in the film. Gotta love Cousin Avi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home