Friday, February 08, 2008

Your Security Is Assured!!

So I started my new job three weeks ago, and boy are my nerves tired. Things look to be turning around, but here is a little recap of the last two weeks . . .

Week One
The week started off great because my first day was MLK day I had off. That’s how you want to start off . . . .being off. The next two days were orientation in DC. I took the shuttle that the FAA offers at the airport. It’s tiny 18 passenger plane. When the pilot talks to you, he leans back and talks to you. He also hands out bottles of water from the cockpit. However, it turns a 3 hour train ride into a 45 minute flight. All in all, it’s the way to go. Being the only orientee that wasn’t from the area, I had everyone looking at “the guy with the suitcase”. Being a secure building, I couldn’t store it anywhere, so I carried everything around for two days, while wearing a suit. The night I spent there consisted of going to an Irish Pub for dinner. NOTE: Do not go to an Irish Catholic Pub the same day that there is a Pro-Life Convention.

Once back in NJ, I dressed my best and started my first day with the new boss in town. (My boss resides in DC). Here is where it started down hill. The office that I was told that I would be working in was filled with storage junk. They set me up in a cubicle that, due to the ventilation system, vibrated so much that I could actually phase through the wall by the end of the day. It seems that everyone there is more interested in their own political position than getting anything done. I went three days before I started moving things around in “my office”. The place is so secure that I can’t listen to radiohidebound or any streaming. I “borrowed” speakers from my old job and hooked my MP3 player up. Adapt.

My boss still wants me to fly to DC this Wednesday despite the fact that I now have one hand for the next 8 weeks.

The building that I work in seems to be the Red Headed Stepchild of the Organization. I have to fix that.

6 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

"NOTE: Do not go to an Irish Catholic Pub the same day that there is a Pro-Life Convention."

That is the funniest thing I've heard all week!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Sezme said...

Good luck with your new job! :) I'm sure things will get better once you get used to the new digs. Oh wait, this is the government. Never mind.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least, they didn't put you in the basement! Maybe they haven't heard about the "change" on the way!Good luck!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Cross-dress like Eddie Izzard. That'll show 'em!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Geez. I just had images of Deathlok in pink lipstick and heavy eyeliner.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Well, That's Fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home